In the Oman National Railway Project, 18 international consortiums were shortlisted: On August 13, the Oman Railway Company (ORC) announced the shortlist of companies deemed qualified for the construction of the first phase of the Sultanate's national railway network. Europe, South Korea, Turkey, China and India consisting of 18 companies participating in the international consortium building works were short-list.
The Oman National Railway project includes the construction of a 2244 km long line and the supply of related equipment and railway vehicles. The first package of the tender covers the construction of the Sohar Buraimi section of the 170 km long and the tender is expected to take place this month.
The 34 consortium participated in the tender and the 18 consortium was shortlisted for construction works. In addition, five separate consortiums were short on technical systems. These consortiums will have the right to participate in many tenders for four years.
The shortlisted companies in infrastructure construction and railway line construction are listed below:
1) FCC Construction SA (leader), Larsen and Toubro Ltd and Khalid bin Ahmed & Sons;
2) Strabag AG (leader), CCC Oman and Samsung E&C;
3) Salini Impregilo Spa;
4) China State Construction Engineering Corporation (leader) and SK E&C;
5) International Contractors Co (leader), China Railway Construction Corporation Ltd and Mohammed Al Kharafi & Sons;
6) Habtor Leighton Middle East (leader), Al Hassan Engineering, Posco E&C and Khimji Ramdas;
7) Societa Italiana Per Condotte D'Acqua Spa (leader), Federici Stirling Batco, SWS Engineering Spa and Itinera Spa;
8) Vinci Construction Grand Projects (leader), Aktor Technical SA and Vinci Construction Terrassement;
9) Porr Bau GmbH (leader), Yüksel İnşaat, Sarooj Construction Company and Daewoo E&C;
10) Saipem Spa (leader), Rizzani De Eccher Spa and Doğuş Construction;
11) Ircon International Limited (leader), Hani Archirodon and Tata Projects;
12 China Tiesiju Civil Engineering Group Co. Ltd. (leading) and China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Co. Ltd;
13) Astaldi Spa (leader), ONEIC, Building Center and Corsan-Corviam Construccion SA;
14) Sinohydro Corporation Ltd. (leading) and Arabtech Construction;
15) Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co Ltd (leader), Hassan Juma Backer, Assignia Infraestructuras and Maire Tecnimont Civil Construction;
16) Acciona Infraestructuras (leader), Özkar and Teixeira Duarte Engineer & Constructed;
17) China Railway Engineering Corporation (leader) and Mapa-Gunal Oman;
18) Ferrovial Agroman SA (leader) and Galfar Engineering & Contracting.
The following five consortiums related to technology systems are listed below:
1. Ansaldo STS Spa;
2. Bombardier Transportation Italy Spa (leading) and Sirti Spa;
3. Siemens AG (leader) and Siemens Oman;
4. Thales Deutschland Transportation Systems GmbH (leader) and Thales Oman
5. Alstom Transporte SA (leader) and Alstom Belgium SA.