A contract was signed between ASELSAN and SSB in 2019 for the modernization of the Armored Combat Vehicle (ZMA). In this context, it has been announced that the first delivery will be made at the end of November 2022. The development was shared at the Land Systems Seminar, which was held for the fifth time this year.
Aselsan and SSB signed a contract for the modernization of the Armored Combat Vehicle (ZMA)
In order to meet the needs of the Land Forces Command, a main contractor agreement of 31 million Turkish Liras was signed between the Turkish Presidency of Defense Industry Presidency and ASELSAN on 2019 December 900 for the Armored Combat Vehicle (ZMA) Modernization Project.
Within the scope of the said modernization project, renewal and improvement processes will be applied to ACV-15 ZMAs in the inventory; in this direction, by the main contractor ASELSAN:
- Nefer unmanned turret system with 25mm gun,
- laser warning system,
- close range surveillance system,
- driver vision system,
- wayfinding and navigation system,
- Commander, gunner, personnel and driver instrument panels will be integrated.
In addition, to the ZMA platforms by the subcontractor FNSS:
- air conditioning system,
- Heating system,
- Fire extinguishing system and explosion suppression system will be integrated
- Armor and mine protection levels will be increased and vehicles will be maintained and repaired.
In this way, ZMAs will be equipped with modern weapon systems and high-tech ASELSAN mission equipment, and the survivability and striking power efficiency will be significantly increased on the battlefield. Within the scope of the said contract, deliveries will be made between 2021-2023.