ÖBB and Siemens Mobility have started trials with a prototype Cityjet eco train equipped with electro-hybrid battery to analyze the potential of hybrid trains in Austria.
The electro-hybrid train was tested on the railway lines of Almtalder Donauufer, Mattigtalbahn and Rieder Kreuz.
For this project, an existing ÖBB Cityjet Desiro ML train has been equipped with an electro-hybrid battery system that enables operation on electric and non-electric railway lines.
In 2018, two companies introduced the Desiro ML Cityjet eco prototype, which would allow the transition from diesel to environmentally friendly systems and reduced carbon dioxide emissions by up to 50
The purpose of the railway tests of the electro-hybrid train is to test the utility of these trains in the ÖBB network. The scope of the project is to provide an alternative to the diesel system and to identify potential areas for charging stations.
ÖBB has announced its intention to produce projects and solutions to achieve 100% green traction energy and aims to become a neutral operator in CO2050 until 2.
Hybrid Train technology will be tested in passenger traffic in the coming months.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transport Technology News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- Samulaş Performs Brake Test on CNR Trams 09/05/2015 Samulaş Performed Brake Test on CNR Trams: Samulaş A.Ş. CNR branded light rail vehicles, brake maintenance, with the controls performed during the night hours. Samulaş Inc. In order to measure the braking performances of the brake systems of the CNR light rail system vehicles operated by the CNR brand light rail system, a test drive was carried out between the Baruthane - Fine Arts Stations of the light rail line. In the absence of the light rail system, the tests were carried out between 01.00 and 05.30 for two days and Samulaş A.Ş. technical team as well as technical team of Knorr-Bremse (Germany) and CNR (CHINA) bin
- Hybrid trucks introduced in Los Angeles 23/06/2012 Introduced in Los Angeles, these trucks have a diesel engine as well as an electric motor. Hybrid trucks introduced by Siemens at the Los Angeles Electric Vehicles Symposium last week attracted great interest. Hybrid trucks under the electric poles planned to be installed on the highways used by trucks are going to get their power from the electric wires. On the wireless roads, trucks will be able to continue with diesel engines. Siemens says this system can be a solution to multiple problems. This system can be used to prevent noise caused by diesel engines in city centers while reducing the pollution on the highways used by trucks. The system works very simply. When the truck is traveling under electric lines Kamyon
- National Hybrid Locomotive Released in Germany 20/09/2018 This year, the Innotrans 2018 Fair, held in Berlin, Germany, is the first of its kind. Under the leadership of TCDD, the first hybrid locomotive produced at our subsidiary TÜLOMSAŞ was exhibited at the Innotrans Fair. TCDD General Manager İsa ApaydınTÜLOMSAŞ, TÜVASAŞ, TÜDEMSAŞ General Manager and Assistant General Managers and ASELSAN Assistant General Manager visited the hybrid locomotive in the exhibition area and wished the locomotive would be beneficial to the railway sector and our country. Apaydın, who also entered the mechanic cabin of the hybrid locomotive produced for the first time in our country, received information from the related parties. TURKEY IN THE WORLD 4. COUNTRY, as well as low maintenance and operating costs 40 fuel saving D
- Great attention to our first National Hybrid Locomotive at InnoTrans 21/09/2018 TCDD Tasimacilik AS, the first national hybrid maneuvering locomotive produced as a result of national and domestic production efforts in cooperation with TULOMSAS and ASELSAN, was presented at the 18-21 September 2018 dates in Berlin InnoTrans (International Railway Technologies, Systems and Tools) Fair. The hybrid locomotive, which is produced as a national without any license, can work with its own electricity or diesel, and can be recharged from the electricity grid when requested. It is also environmentally friendly with low fuel economy and acoustic noise levels and can drive at speeds of up to 80 per hour. In cooperation with ASELSAN, which will be used by TCDD Taşımacılık AŞ, AŞ
- Turkey's National Hybrid Lokomotif`L was a fourth in the world 22/10/2018 Transport and Infrastructure Minister Cahit Turhan, Turkey has reduced fuel consumption and lower operating costs by offering hybrid shunting locomotive in the world have this technology in France, Japan and announced that the fourth country after China. Minister Turhan, said in a statement, technological products in President Recep Tayyip Erdogan launched in leadership in order to reduce dependence on foreign "national and domestic production" by providing information about the work they carry out in accordance with the mobilization, Turkey's first "national hybrid shunting locomotive" of the local content percent of 60 ' He said he found me. Transport TCDD led the design work completed, Turkey Locomotive and Engine Industry Inc. (TÜLOMSAŞ) produced by ASELSAN cooperation with Turkey's ...
- Design Award for Local and National Hybrid Locomotives 21/11/2018 TCDD General Directorate of Transport, Turkey Locomotive and Engine Industry Inc. (The contractor) and ASELSAN new generation of hybrid locomotives produced in cooperation with the third year, the Turkey Design Week (Design Week Turkey) organized under the 'Design Turkey Industrial Design Awards' was awarded the design award at the ceremony. Or 40 is fuel saving. Ci TsiDd General Manager Veysel Kurt, who provided explanations on the subject, said, bulunan This vehicle is a very environment-friendly vehicle, providing fuel economy up to 40. Compared to others, it has much lower sound decibel. Both environmental characteristics, fuel economy and interior design, turquoise isi
- Domestic and National Hybrid Locomotive to Save Millions of Euros 22/11/2018 Veysi Kurt, General Director of TCDD Transport, answered questions about the new generation hybrid maneuver locomotive that won the Design Turkey Industrial Design Award. TCDD Transportation General Directorate of next-generation hybrid shunting locomotive, Turkey Locomotive and Engine Industry Inc. (TÜLOMSAŞ) and Kurt emphasis produced by ASELSAN cooperation, TCDD 2013 In the 6461 numbered the Law liberalization and deregulation law of 2016 years at the law requires said that the entry into force of TCDD 's sub-structure and train companies are divided into two voiced. He stated that TCDD is responsible for the infrastructure and Transportation Inc. has been established as responsible for the train operation.
- National Hybrid Locomotive Ratio to Increase to 80 Percentage 27/12/2018 Deputy Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Enver İskurt and General Director of TCDD İsa Apaydın He visited TÜLOMSAŞ. TÜLOMSAŞ General Manager Hayri Avcı informed about the Locomotive Wagon Project produced in TÜLOMSAŞ, Deputy Minister İskurt, General Manager of TCDD during his visit İsa Apaydın The first national hybrid locomotive and the first national automobile Revolution car was found. Hybrid Locomotive The first hybrid locomotive produced in TÜLOMSAŞ under the leadership of TCDD provides low maintenance and operating costs as well as 40 fuel savings. Our country is the hybrid maneuver locomotive of the design and production by performing this technology in the world 4. was the country. Hybrid ...
- National Hybrid Locomotive to Add Power to TCDD 01/03/2019 The locomotive, which has a diesel hybrid engine, attracted great interest in InnoTrans, the biggest railway fair in the world, which was organized in cooperation with TÜLOMSAŞ, Eskişehir's TÜLOMSAŞ and TELSD and ASELSAN. will provide lower operating costs to TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş. The hybrid locomotive, produced without any license, offers comfortable and safe driving with a wide viewing angle with its modern exterior styling design and ergonomic console design with strong lines. TÜLOMSAŞ, TCDD Transportation Inc. and ASELSAN T
- Target 2020 200 Thousand Piece Electric & Hybrid Vehicle In XNUMX! 24/07/2019 ALD Automotive Turkey, a special "Hybrid Event for customers in cooperation with Toyota Turkey" was held. ALD Automotive's second ”Hybrid Effectiveness amaç aimed to raise awareness of alternative powertrain technologies and to emphasize the importance of reducing carbon emissions and fuel consumption. ALD Automotive Turkey, to raise awareness about their customers hybrid vehicles, in order to draw attention to the importance of reducing the carbon footprint in collaboration with Toyota Turkey, in which customers participate in a special "Hybrid Event" was realized. Participants will test drive between Istanbul and Adapazari with the full hybrid portfolio of Toyota and Lexus, including Corolla, CH-R, RAV4 and Lexus RX…