Irmak-Karabük-Zonguldak Railway Line will be modernized according to European Union (EU) standards. With the EU-funded project, 75 will even increase the train speeds, capacity, safety and even annual.
According to the statement made by TCDD, the 1937-kilometer Irmak-Karabük-Zonguldak Railway Line, which has been serving since 415, will be modernized in line with EU standards. EU Pre-Accession Assistance Fund (IPA) is the largest project in donated by Turkey, "Irmak-Karabük-Zonguldak Railway Rehabilitation and Signaling Project" groundbreaking ceremony of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications Minister Binali Yildirim, Minister for EU Affairs Egemen Bagis and will be held at Karabük Station on Tuesday, May 15 at 14.30:XNUMX with the participation of Vice President of the European Commission Siim Kallas.
-PROJE 48 AYDA, COUNTRY-KARABÜK-ZONGULDAK ETABI WILL BE COMPLETE IN 24 In the project, first the train traffic is intensified in Ülkü-Karabük-Zonguldak stage. The total duration of the project is 48 month. The modernization of the existing railway line will increase operational safety and shorten the travel time.
“-The whole line will be renewed with 49E1 rail,
-Trains and bridges will be overhauled,
-253 level crossing with automatic barrier protection system / flasher. In some places lower and overpasses will be made,
- The passenger information and announcement system will be established to make the passenger platforms accessible for the disabled,
- Extensions will be made at Çankırı, Karabük, Ülkü, Balıkısık and Yeşilyenice stations,
- The European Train Traffic Safety Management System (ERTMS) and the European Train Control System (ETCS) Level 120 Signaling and Telecommunication System and Control Center will be established all over the line at 1 km / h,
- Certification of the line will be provided by the International Certification Agency,
- The construction of the project will be carried out with sensitivity to the environment.
Source: News X