Bad breath can be caused by throat and dental problems, or it can be caused by problems in the digestive system. Stating that lung and kidney diseases can also cause bad breath, General Surgery Specialist Op. Dr. A. Murat Koca states that rotten egg odor occurs in stomach and digestive system disorders, and ammonia-like odor occurs in kidney disease. Kiss. Dr. A. Murat Koca recommends paying attention to the amount of water consumed, avoiding foods that increase stomach acid, and consulting a specialist to prevent bad breath.
Üsküdar University NPİSTANBUL Brain Hospital General Surgery Specialist Op. Dr. A. Murat Koca made evaluations about bad breath originating from the stomach and digestive system.
Watch out for the smell of rotten eggs
Stating that the problem of bad breath can be caused by throat and dental problems, it can also arise from problems in the digestive system, General Surgery Specialist Op. Dr. A. Murat Koca said, “Lung and kidney diseases can also cause bad breath. In mouth odors originating from the stomach and digestive system, the character is generally like the smell of rotten eggs. The reason for this is sulfur, which is formed due to excess acid in the stomach. Especially Helicobacter pylori triggers both gastritis and ulcer formation. If there is an odor like ammonia, kidney disease should be considered.” said.
Here are the stomach ailments that cause bad breath…
General Surgery Specialist Op. Dr. A. Murat Koca shared the stomach and upper digestive system disorders that may cause bad breath as follows:
When the balance of Helicobacter pylori is disturbed, gastritis, ulcers and complaints occur. It gets better when treated with medication and diet,
Bad breath has an important place among the complaints that occur after foods that trigger reflux disease. In reflux, more odor occurs with burping. At the same time, when the person is together with helicobacter, the complaints increase. The problem can be solved with good medication and diet therapy; assists in surgery when necessary,
- Gallbladder dysfunction, removal of stones can cause indigestion and bad breath,
- Gastroparesis due to the slow emptying of the stomach due to a problem in the nerves,
- Pyloric Stenosis: Problem and narrowing of the gastric outlet valve. It is most common in infants. Vomiting, dehydration and bad breath occur,
- Irritable bowel syndrome, an increase in the number and growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestines can cause bad breath. Antibiotics and diet therapy are helpful.
- Some diseases of the small intestines such as crohn's and celiac can cause bad breath by causing malabsorption,
- Inflammatory and parasitic diseases of the digestive system (gigardiasis) can also cause belching and bad breath.
What should be done to prevent bad breath?
Stating that all these diseases originating from the stomach and upper digestive system can be the cause of bad breath, General Surgery Specialist Op. Dr. A. Murat Koca said, “It may even be a sign of cancer. Some measures can pass or reduce bad breath, but a specialist should be consulted. He said and shared his recommendations to prevent bad breath as follows:
- Avoid foods that increase stomach acid.
- Pay attention to the amount of water consumed
- Probiotics should be consumed
Applying a diet that balances and relaxes the stomach and digestive system can relieve or relieve bad breath, but it must be diagnosed and treated accordingly.
Günceleme: 27/04/2022 17:02