TCDD Tasimacilik AS, which announced that the YHT flights it stopped in March within the scope of the fight against the coronavirus epidemic will start on 28 May, will also implement some applications specific to the normalization period in High Speed Train, in addition to buying YHT tickets with the code obtained from Hayat Eve Sığar (HEPP) application.
Accordingly, New Rules to be Applied in YHTs are as follows;
- YHTs will carry passengers with 50 percent capacity
- Unmasked passengers will not be taken to trains. Passengers must come with their masks
- Passengers will get tickets in advance. It will only sit on the seat they bought. Will not be able to travel on another seat
- No change in ticket prices
- Trains will be disinfectant
- Tickets are only available on the internet for now.
- Sales are expected on Thursdays or Fridays as well.
- HES Code will be entered to purchase tickets
- Passengers will present the Travel Permit to the relevant TCDD manager by hand
- Because of the coronavirus epidemic, YHTs will not stop at the areas or stops called "intermediate stops".
- It will be possible to travel from “one point to another” between Ankara-Istanbul, Ankara-Eskişehir, Ankara-Konya and Konya-Ankara.
Is HES Code Replacing Travel Permit Document?
It was reported that the code obtained from the Ministry of Health Hayat Eve Sığar (HEPP) application did not replace the “Travel Permit Certificate” and citizens with travel restrictions could not travel only with the HEPP code.
What is HES Code?
HES code is a code that will be produced with a feature that will come to the “Hayat Eve Sığar” mobile application. Based on this code, a priority screening will be made and it will be decided whether the passenger is accepted or not. Plane and train travel can be made using this code.
Minister Fahrettin Koca; The addition of the HEPP code, which will be produced individually, has been made mandatory as of 18 May 2020. For the HES code inquiry, the passenger ID number (TCKN, Passport etc.), contact information (both phone and e-mail fields) and date of birth will be entered correctly and completely as required fields.
High Speed Trains Will Make a Total of 16 Departures per Day
In the normalization process, high-speed trains will make a total of 28 trips per day on the Ankara-Istanbul, Ankara-Eskişehir, Ankara-Konya, Konya-Istanbul lines as of May 2020, 16. Stimulating announcements will be made at frequent intervals in order to maintain social distance in trains.
Tickets for the train lines planned to start as of 28 May on conventional and YHT lines are available today. Train tickets can be purchased primarily from the mobile application / website or tolls without contact. Tickets will not be sold from the call center and agencies.