Victory Party Chairman Prof. Dr. Who is Umit Ozdag? Victory Party Chairman Ümit Özdağ, who has been frequently on the agenda with his statements about refugees in recent days, has once again been among the most talked about names on the agenda with his reaction to the words of Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu the other day. Well, Prof. Who is Umit Ozdag? Ümit Özdağ is among the most talked about names on the agenda with what Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu said about him and the reaction he gave afterwards. So, who is the Chairman of the Victory Party, Ümit Özdağ, how old is he and where is he from? Here, with all the curious, Prof. Dr. Ümit Özdağ's life and biography… Here are the answers to all your questions about Ümit Özdağ…
Ümit Özdağ, on March 3, 1961 Tokyo/Japanwas born in Kumyk origin Turkish political science professor, politician and writer. He is originally from Kumuks, whose homeland is Dagestan. Dr. He is married to Burçin Özdağ and they have a child named Alp. He returned to Turkey at the end of 1963. In this way, Ümit Özdağ spent his childhood years in Turkey. Ümit Özdağ completed his higher education at Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich between 1980-1986. He studied political science, philosophy and economics at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich. Ümit Özdağ prepared his master's study on “Planned Development and State Planning Organization in Turkey”.
Ümit Özdağ started to work as a research assistant at Gazi University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences in 1986. He became a doctor of political science in 1990 with his study on "Army-Political Relations in the Era of Atatürk and İnönü". Dr. Özdağ received the title of associate professor of political theory in 1993 with his thesis on "Army-Political Relations in the Menderes Period and the May 27 Military Movement".
Assoc. Dr. Ümit Özdağ started to publish and edited the quarterly international relations and strategic studies journal named "Eurasia File", which was to be published until 1994.
Ümit Özdağ conducted research on globalization and ethnic issues in Eurasia and lectured on the same subjects at Towson University in Baltimore, USA, between 1997-1998. Ümit Özdağ established the Eurasian Strategic Research Center (ASAM), one of the world's largest strategic research centers, in 1999.
Ümit Özdağ has given lectures and lectures at the Military Academy, Police Academy, Police Intelligence Department, National Security Academy, Public Diplomacy Courses at the National Security Academy, School of Justice and the Ministry of Interior. prof. Dr. Özdağ has given conferences at various universities and research centers in Washington, Moscow, Tokyo, New Delhi, Cairo, Alexandria, Brussels, Tehran, Bishkek, Alma Ata, London, Munich and Tel Aviv. presented.
Ümit Özdağ's Political Career
Before the 19th Ordinary Congress of the MHP to be held on November 2006, 8, he announced that he was running for the presidency against Devlet Bahçeli. However, he could not be a candidate in the congress after he was expelled from the party by the MHP administration 2 days before the congress.
In 2010, he became a member of the MHP again with a court decision. In the parliamentary elections held on June 12, 2011, he was the party's Istanbul 2nd district 4th ordinary parliamentary candidate, but he was not elected. At the MHP 21th Ordinary Grand Convention held on March 2015, 11, he was elected as a Member of the MHP VQA.
He was elected as a deputy of the Turkish Grand National Assembly in the general elections of June and November 1, in which he entered Gaziantep as the first candidate. He was appointed as MHP Deputy Chairman on 2015 November 14; He resigned from this post on February 2015, 24, demanding that a congress be held in accordance with intra-party democracy.
After the emergence of presidential candidates against the current administration in the MHP and then the decision of the extraordinary congress by the court, he announced that he was a candidate for the Chairman of the MHP on April 9, 2016. However, after the congress process in which the MHP Headquarters and the opposition were in court, the congress that was planned to be held on July 10 by the Supreme Election Board was definitively cancelled.
On October 20, 2016, he was referred to the Central Disciplinary Committee by the MHP Headquarters with a definitive dismissal request on the grounds that he violated some articles of the party's statute. He was expelled from the party on 5 November 2016.
He joined the IYI Party, which was founded on October 25, 2017, and took part in the founding board. He became the Vice President of Strategy, Communication, Propaganda and Promotion. In the 2018 Turkish general elections, he was elected as Istanbul deputy from the IYI Party. On 16 November 2020, he was expelled from the party as a result of an argument with the IYI Party administration. However, on January 13, 2021, the Ankara 1st Civil Court of First Instance annulled the expulsion decision. Ümit Özdağ announced that he resigned from the IYI Party on March 4, 2021.
Victory Party Career
In 2021, Özdağ started to establish a party and after starting the Ayyıldız Movement, he announced that he would establish his new party on August 26. Since August 26, 2021, he has been serving as the Chairman of the Victory Party, of which he was the founder.
Ümit Özdağ Works and Books
- Changing World Balances and the Persian Gulf Crisis (1990)
- Military-Political Relations in the Menderes and İnönü Periods and the May 27 Revolution (1996)
- Turkey, Northern Iraq and the PKK – Anatomy of an Unordered War (1999)
- Turkey-European Union Relations (2003)
- Low Intensity Conflict in Turkey and the PKK (2005)
- Turkish Nationalism Again (2006)
- We Are Here For The Next 1000 Years (2006)
- Analysis of the Kurdish Question and Solution Policies (2006)
- Turkish Armed Forces in the Ages of Atatürk and İnönü (2006)
- PKK Operations of the Turkish Army (2007)
- Kirkuk, Iraq and the Middle East (2007)
- Turkish Army's Northern Iraq Operations (2008)
- Tal Afar - A Turkmen City's War Against the American Army and Peshmerga (2008)
- Intelligence Theory (2008)
- Why the PKK Isn't Over, How Does It End – Analysis of the Kurdish Problem and Solution Policies (2008)
- Chronology of Ambushes and Massacres (2009)
- Armenian Psychological War – in the World and in Turkey (with Prof. Dr. Özcan Janissary) (2009)
- The Turkish Question in the Longest Four Years of the Republic (2010)
- How Turkish Army Defeated PKK, How Turkey Surrendered to PKK (2010)
- East Report – Turkish Identity and Perception of Turkishness in the Region (with İkbal Vurucu and Ali Aydın Akbaş) (2011)
- Second Single-Party Period – Anatomy of AKP's Soft Hegemon Party Project (2011)
- Lesser Middle East Syria(2012)
- Prince in the 21st Century (2012)
- Intelligence World (2015)
- National Security Theory(2015)
- Turkish Foreign Policy Wandering in Strategic Depth (with Yelda Demirağ)(2016)
- Bargaining with the PKK-Making a Constitution with Öcalan (2016)
- Turk's Test with Homeland (2017)
- First World War in its 100th Anniversary(2017)
- How Did You Know About Turkish Foreign Policy? (Together with Yelda Demirağ)(2017)
- Intelligence Organizations (2017)
- Turkish Intelligence in the 100th Anniversary of the Special Organization (2017)
- Turkish Armed Forces Besieged and Divided in Its Own Country (2019)
- The Inevitable Collapse (2019)
- Damage Assessment in Turkish Foreign Policy (2019)
- Strategic Migration Engineering-Turkey Desired to be Dragged into Civil War(2020)
- The Fall of the Palace Regime and the Rise of Turkey (2021)