Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality announced plans to build a new nostalgic tramway.
The planned 2.2 km route for the Esenler district will connect the Menderes station on the M1B metro line to the Yıldız Technical University Davutpaşa Campus, which runs along the Atış Alanı Street and Davutpaşa Street. It's gonna be one-way. There will be five stops along a line. The services will be operated using a single trolley with 45 passenger capacity. The project is estimated to be worth TL 10,5 million and is planned to be opened in 2020.
Istanbul currently has two nostalgic style tram lines. The T2 is located in the Beyoglu district on the European side of the city, while the T3 is a circular route in the Asian side of Kadıköy.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- A New Breath Comes to the Bazaar Tradition in Bursa by Nostalgic Tram 26/05/2011 Actually adım It is a very important step to turn Cumhuriyet Avenue in the middle of Bursa and at the heart of the bazaar tradition into a pedestrianized area of attraction. Mayor Recep Altepe took this step that local administrations could not afford easily and intervened in the heart of Bursa. There is no doubt merkez With the project, the concept of Cumhuriyet Street will change and as a result, the bazaar tradition will revive and a very important center will be formed in the middle of Bursa. Here is one of the most important details of this project, the nostalgic tram last week, Bursa's green reflects the color of the rails. This week…
- History of nostalgic tram and nostalgic tram in Turkey 06/07/2012 Nostalgic tram The Nostalgic tram is known as a tourist-operated railway system, which serves as a tourist attraction in addition to serving the city's passengers. The purpose in this is, in a way aim, to take a journey on the history of the people who come in that city. The idea of a nostalgic tram was originally launched in the 1950 by the Talyllyn Nostalgic Train, which was established and operated by a group of volunteers in Wales. This movement is a movement towards the preservation of the past, but has brought many '' Nostalgic Train '' to the present day. Nostalgic Tram is the most favorite country in the United States. In many cities, as the historic street tram Birçok
- There is another new tram line 11/06/2015 There is a new tramway to Kocaeli: Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality opened a tender for the preparation of a pre-feasibility study on the establishment of a light rail line between Gebze and Darıca. The tender opened by the Department of Transportation Directorate of Rail Systems will be held at 2 on Thursday, July at 14.30. The company that will win the tender which includes the pre-feasibility of light rail system line in Gebze North-Gebze Gar-Darica, will make a journey demand forecast study, route analysis, financial and economic evaluation on this route. Click here to see the auction
- Nostalgic tram coming to Karaman 04/09/2012 Mayor Kamil Uğurlu held talks in the Netherlands. Source: www.kanalon.tv
- Nostalgic tram is coming to Izmit ..! 03/01/2018 In Izmit, a new tram is emerging. Next to Uğur Mumcu Park, a new venue is being built adjacent to the existing tram line. There is a special, nostalgic-looking trolley concept in the area in question. The tram that Ibrahim Karaosmanoğlu, promised before the 2009 elections of Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality, was launched in Izmit after 8 year. The tram called Akçaray has been working since the beginning of summer. İzmitliler quickly got used to the tram. An entrepreneur who knows the longing for the tram in İzmit and the longing for rail transportation, has rolled up his sleeves. A special design tram was installed in the new café built in Uğur Mumcu Park. U
- New arrangement on the nostalgic tramway of Istanbul Caddesi 11/10/2017 Düzce Province Chairman of the AK Party Hikmet Keskin and Duzce Mayor Duzce Ay, the ongoing projects in Düzce, handed to the project. The harmony of the two presidents did not escape. Dursun Ay, who has been sitting in the seat of Düzce Municipality last week, closely follows the projects and works. Dursun Ay Mayor of the AK Party Düzce Province Hikmet Keskin in the presence of consultations within the consultations did not run. The two Presidents were walking around Düzce streets and exchanged views about the ongoing projects while talking to both tradesmen and citizens. Dursun Ay, the Mayor of Düzce, has been working on the Ulaştırma
- Nostalgic Trolley Nostalgic Line 17/05/2012 IETT renewed the clothes of the citizens on the nostalgic tramway running on Istiklal Street. The new clothes, designed on the basis of the fashion of the 1930, carry the nostalgia of the past years. One of the most photographed objects in the world, the clothes of the patriots who served on the nostalgic tram, which is regarded as the symbol of Istanbul, was redesigned based on the fashion of the 1930. IETT's red, white and gray logo colors are designed on the basis of the new clothes in the summer and winter were sewn from two different fabrics. New design suits consist of jackets, pants, shirts, vests, ties and shoes. IETT'ta with the citizens of Tunel also working with the mechanics'
- Travel with nostalgic music in a nostalgic tram 10/08/2016 Traveling with nostalgic music in a nostalgic tram: In Beyoğlu, nostalgic trams provide a nostalgic music concert by IETT. A nostalgic music concert is offered by IETT to passengers on nostalgic tramways carrying passengers between Taksim-Tunel Square in Beyoglu. The nostalgic trams, which have been serving since 1992 between the Tunnel and Taksim Square, and the nostalgic music loaded by the İETT teams, provide the passengers with the historical atmosphere of Beyoğlu. Nostalgic works that are played from a gramophone-shaped device, which is mainly composed of Turkish art music, offer new songs to the passengers when the stop of the tram changes. Passengers also enjoy the journey with music on the nostalgic tram. Musician Ali Kaya, said in a statement, the music has been intertwined ğı
- Kağıthane and Eyüpe nostalgic train line coming 18/06/2016 A nostalgic train line comes to Kağıthane and Eyüp: The project that is designed to bring the remaining parts of the Historical Haliç-Kemerburgaz-Black Sea Coast Rail Line into Kağıthane and Eyüp Districts is being implemented. The project will be implemented in order to bring the remaining parts of the Historical Haliç-Kemerburgaz-Black Sea Coast (Dekovil) Rail System Line into Kağıthane and Eyüp Districts. In the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Council, the proposal for the amendment of the 1 / 5000 Master Plan on the remaining parts of the Rail System Line project in Kağıthane and Eyüp counties was approved. Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Assembly Meeting in June 5. the merger took place at the Metropolitan Municipality building in Saraçhane. During the First World War, enerji
- New railcars of nostalgic tram line in Bursa 07/02/2013 Bursa Metropolitan Municipality, the new tram lines on the Victory Square and İncirli Street with the extension of the new wagons on the rails were reduced. With the work done on İncirli Street, the railroads that followed the rails were followed with interest by the citizens. Bursa Metropolitan Municipality, the Victory Square and the Nostalgic tram line on the Incirli Street in the first place will be extended to Mesken later to the Siteler, while the new wagons from Germany were lowered to the rails. The 4 tramway car, which was supplied to meet the intense demand of the pro-active people, was lowered to the tracks with the 3 hourly work carried out on Incircirli Street. Yıldır