Historical Kağıthane Railway Line Finds Life

historic kagithane railway line comes to life
historic kagithane railway line comes to life

The work of Kağıthane Municipality and Solar powered and Cordless decovil line was completed.

Designed as a nostalgic tram on Eyup sultan Caddesi on 3 km in Kağıthane, 6000 passenger transportation is aimed to be carried out in the decovil line which is designed to be suitable for today's technology.

We asked Can Saraçoğlu, Construction Site Chief and Technical Officer of Metroray Construction Company for ı Decovil Line'lik. . The only remaining important crossroads is the excavation of the work with the municipality of Kagithane will complete it. Our work continues day and night uninterrupted and we are constantly moving towards the front of Sadabad Cultural Center. We are working and organized with Kağıthane Municipality. Our line starts by the Golden Horn of Eyüp Sultan Caddesi and reaches to the viaducts of Kağıthane Metro and ends in front of Sadabad Cultural Center. There will be 7 stalls on the line and the station can be added if needed. The rails of the Dekovil line are also special production rails, and the production of the line continues day and night without interruption. Of course there's a train section. For this project, ATALAR Makine has produced domestic and national 3 pieces of nostalgic wagons and 1 pieces by ATALAR Makine. As ATALAR Makine iniMETRORAY, we are designing and manufacturing in our factory. For this, we work with a strong team of engineers who shed light on the future working in our organization. Even though the Dekovil train is named as nostalgic, it has an electric motor that is suitable for today's conditions and will work as completely environmentally friendly. In other words, it will benefit from both solar energy and battery power so it will make a significant contribution to carbon emission. More importantly for our country, this train was designed as domestic production from A to Z. This is a very big step for our country. I, my team of friends, train design and production team in our factory and our company are proud to be a part of this project.

Saraçoğlu said, X As you know, there is a decovil line between the dates of 1914-1916 as Kağıthane railway. The coal was transported from the Black Sea coast to supply coal to the Silahtarağa power plant. We believe that this line will be a great investment for Istanbul and its historical importance for Kağıthane and its contribution to tourism. This line has a different importance for our country. Ül

Dekovil tender METRORAY İNŞAAT ELEKTROMEKANİK SAN.TİC. Inc. 8.850.000.00 company took the price of TL.

GENERAL HISTORY OF DEKOVIL LINE

The first tram line called ları Haliç - Black Sea Sahara Line tı is the railway line between the Silahtarağa Power Plant in Istanbul and the lignite quarries in the north of the city. Silahtarağa Power Plant, which used coal removed from Zonguldak and brought to Istanbul by sea, started to experience difficulties in the supply of coal during the first world war years. For this reason, the establishment of the establishment of the Ottoman Anonymous Electric Company to find the cheapest and the shortest way to find coal solutions have developed a number of solutions. As a result, it was decided that the coal extracted from the lignite quarries in the village of Ağaçlı, which is within the boundaries of Eyüp district, is brought to the power plant by a new decovil line. 1914 In February 1, the construction of the first leg of the line, Silahtarağa - Ağaçlı, was started and the first phase was completed in a short period of time and was put into service in July 1915.

In line with the requirements, the extension of the line was brought to the agenda and the second stage of the 20 December 1916 was the second day of the line.

The line passing through Göktürk and Kemerburgaz was divided into two branches in Kemerburgaz. One of the lines of the 43 km long line was following the Kağıthane Stream and passing under the Long Arch and meeting with the Black Sea in Ağaçlı village. The other arm was passing through the Belgrad Forest and reaching the Black Sea in the village of Çiftalan. Both ends of the line, which reached the Black Sea coast, were connected to each other by 5 kilometers and a ring was created in the north of Kemerburgaz and a tram line of 62 kilometers was formed.

Since the Black Sea field line was built as a one-way, in some regions, mobile lines were constructed in order to allow the trains coming from the opposite directions to pass without clogging. In addition, the terrain conditions on the route route required a number of bridges.

The line was transferred to the Ministry of Commerce in 1922 and to the Ministry of Economics after the declaration of the Republic. The use of some parts of the line continued until 1956, but in time it decreased. Nowadays, although the railroad tracks of the line are found, most of the line is buried in the ground.

JavaScript is required for this slide show.

Be the first to comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment is processed.