Izmir Metropolitan Municipality continues its awareness projects to increase environmental awareness in the city. President Tunç Soyer, this time “You, Me, All of us! By saying "Our immaculate Izmir", he calls the people of Izmir to a simultaneous cleaning movement in 20 districts on Saturday, August 2022, 09.30 at 30.
Izmir Metropolitan Municipality, which provides cleaning services on the main arteries and boulevards under its authority and responsibility, is starting a mass cleaning movement to remind that the most permanent method of preventing pollution in the city is not to pollute and that it is necessary to pay attention to the cleanliness of public spaces. Metropolitan Municipality “You, Me, All of us! By saying “Our immaculate Izmir”, on Saturday, August 20, 2022, at 09.30, he calls on the people of Izmir, including members of non-governmental organizations and employees in public institutions, to a simultaneous cleaning movement. For the event, they will gather in front of local service buildings in districts far from the center. In the central districts, the starting and ending points of the study were determined as follows:
- Balçova: Cable car – Municipality
- Bayraklı: Folkart Towers- Değirmen Cafe
- Bornova: Republic Square – Küçükpark Square
- Buca: Democracy Square – Şirinyer Migros
- Çiğli: Butchers Square – Ekol Hospital
- Gaziemir: Gaziemir Meydan – Optimum Shopping Center
- Güzelbahçe: Güzelbahçe Village Square – Avni Akyol College
- Karabağlar: Cypress Car Park – Peker Neighborhood Headman
- Karşıyaka: Vatan Computer Front – Dolphins
- Mansion: Basmane Station Square – Basmane Station Square
- Narlıdere: Democracy Square – Martyrdom
A resource of 100 million TL is allocated every year for cleaning In line with the "Clean İzmir" goal of Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Tunç Soyer, the Metropolitan Municipality continues to work in the field with 30 personnel and 785 vehicles in 150 districts. Crews collect around 60 tons of waste a day from the streets. An annual resource of approximately 100 million TL is allocated for this activity alone.