Sinop Cable Car Station Becomes History

Zingal Sinop Cable Car
Zingal Sinop Cable Car

The 1930-kilometer cable car station belonging to the timber factory established by the Belgians in the Ayancık district of Sinop in 40 is history.

12 remained one of the 200 poles of the cable car station used to transport logging from the Chichal forests to the factory operated by the Belgians throughout the year. In the meantime, outside the cable car to carry the logistic by the Belgians on the rails laid in the mountains for years to make a voyage, and currently completed the life of the steam train is exhibited in front of the factory.

Zingal Sinop Cable Car
Zingal Sinop Cable Car

Stating that the factory was founded by Germans and Belgians in 1930, Kenan Ekin, retired from the factory, said that the cable car poles and rail system, each 70 meters high, were destroyed by the flood disaster in the district in 1963. Ekin said, “A Belgian lady found the steam powered ropeway system at that time and used this system at the factory. In other words, the ropeway system was working with steam just like the train. There were two steam engines at that time on Çangal Mountain. These machines powered the cable car. Heavy logs from a distance of 40 kilometers came to the district center by this cable car, and after being processed here, they would go to Europe by sea. "If that system had survived, it would have made a great contribution to the country's tourism." - UAV

Ayancık is a district of Sinop Province in the Western Black Sea Region of the Black Sea Region. Founded in 1929, the district center of foreign investment Zingal TAS, Turkey's first sawmill our country is one of the oldest and most important industrial plants in the forest industry. In Ayancık, the company has built a wide variety of transportation facilities such as overhead lines, railways, roads, watery and dry gutters, pools, tramways for intra-factory transportation, pier and crane crane, and many social facilities. Ayancık turned into a European town in the 1930s with the developments brought by the company to settle down. This factory founded by Zingal Company was operated by foreign capital between 1926-1945, by the state between 1945-1996, and by the private sector after 1996. It is a facility successfully operated by foreign capital in our country. Although it worked profitably for many years after nationalization, it was later closed by the private sector as a result of a privatized but unsuccessful administration on the grounds that it made a loss. The factory, which had not been operated for years and was left to decay, was sold as scrap in 2011. Although the factory has disappeared, the ruins of the transportation system spread throughout Ayancık, the social facilities and lodgings of the factory, and some of the facilities in the forest are still standing today. In this sense, Ayancık has an industrial heritage that can be seen rarely throughout the country.

Armin

sohbet

    Be the first to comment

    Comments