Embryology; It is a branch of science that examines the formation, growth and development stages of zygotes. Embryologists, on the other hand, are medical personnel who serve in this branch of science, have received training in this field, and work in hospitals and IVF centers.
What Does an Embryologist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The duties and responsibilities of embryologists who perform services in line with the interests of the institution they work for include:
- To determine the techniques to be applied to reproductive health and IVF patients,
- To know the operation of the unit in which he works and to act in accordance with it,
- Obtaining the necessary information and completing the preparations for the effective implementation of embryology and andrology treatments to be applied to reproductive health and IVF patients,
- To carry out the relevant diagnosis and treatment,
- To complete the necessary procedures regarding administrative affairs,
- Preparing the work plan of the laboratory,
- To carry out the transactions in line with the appointment or order,
- Controlling the material stocks in the laboratory and completing the deficiencies,
- To check the working status of the devices in the laboratory and to make the necessary arrangements,
- Performing examinations and taking samples and analysis material from patients,
- To follow technological innovations and scientific studies,
- Ensuring that samples are accepted, stored in the appropriate environment and records are kept.
What Education Is Required to Become an Embryologist?
It is necessary to graduate from the Faculty of Science/Biology of the universities or the Faculties of Medicine. After graduation, it is possible to graduate from the Histology and Embryology Departments by taking the Medical Specialization Education Entrance Exam (TUS). Anyone who has completed training and received a certificate as an "Embryology Laboratory Supervisor" in the training centers of the Ministry of Health can work in the relevant IVF centers.
Embryologist Salaries 2022
As the embryologist progresses in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 12.530 TL, the highest 22.430 TL.