cabin crew; It ensures that passengers travel in accordance with the safety and comfort standards determined by the airline company.
What Does a Cabin Attendant Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Other responsibilities of the cabin crew, who are in charge of ensuring the comfort and safety of passengers during flights to domestic and international destinations, are as follows;
- Performing all cabin arrangement duties before the flight,
- Ensure that food, drink, blankets, reading material, emergency equipment and other supplies are on board and in sufficient supply.
- Greet passengers as they enter the plane and help them find their seats.
- Informing passengers verbally and in sign language about all emergency procedures and emergency equipment,
- Relieve passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered,
- To apply first aid in emergency situations,
- Serving food and beverage to passengers,
- To sell tax-free products on board,
- To serve all passengers with a polite and empathetic approach,
- To support people who need special help such as children, disabled elderly and pregnant,
- Ensuring the cabin is kept clean,
- Preparing a written flight report after completing the trip,
- Adhere to airline missions, statements and policies,
- Comply with all aviation rules and regulations for safety.
How to Become a Cabin Attendant?
To become a cabin crew, it is necessary to graduate from a two-year Civil Aviation Cabin Services associate degree program. In addition, the persons who will perform this duty should not have a criminal record.
Required Qualities of Cabin Attendant
- Being able to remain calm and respond quickly in emergency and stressful situations,
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually
- Ability to work at variable times such as public holidays, weekends or nights,
- Having the physical and mental ability to work indoors for a long time,
- Having high verbal communication skills,
- Paying attention to clothing and appearance,
- Having a balance of height and weight,
- To have proper diction
- No military obligation for male candidates; have done or deferred their duty
Cabin Attendant Salaries 2022
As the cabin crew progresses in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 7.840 TL, the highest 17.950 TL.