Construction engineer; designs, builds, supervises and maintains major construction projects and systems, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, sewers, treatment systems.
What Does a Civil Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Civil engineer can work in one of the construction, transportation, environment, maritime and geotechnical sectors. The general responsibilities of the civil engineer, whose job description varies depending on the sector he serves, are as follows;
- To ensure that the project is carried out smoothly and that the structures are completed within the budget and on time,
- Performing technical and feasibility studies, including field investigations,
- Determining the project budget by calculating labor, material and related costs,
- Performing and evaluating the soil test to determine the adequacy and strength of the foundation,
- Ensuring that the project complies with legal requirements, particularly regarding health and safety,
- Evaluating the sustainability and environmental impacts of the project,
- Using a range of computer software to develop detailed designs
- Working with a variety of professionals, including clients, architects and subcontractors.
- Reporting to public institutions and planning institutions
What Education Is Required To Become A Civil Engineer?
In order to become a Civil Engineer, universities have to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the Department of Civil Engineering, which provides four-year education.
Features that a Civil Engineer Should Have
- Having knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and similar design programs,
- To have methodological thinking and project management skills,
- Demonstrate problem-solving ability
- Working in accordance with the deadline and budget,
- To be inclined to team work and management,
- Having verbal and written communication skills,
- To adapt to the intense work tempo,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Civil Engineer Salaries 2022
As Civil Engineers progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.520 TL, the average 9.870 YL, the highest 19.850 TL.