Another "good news" of Minister Karaismailoğlu, who announced a postponed date for the opening of the Istanbul Airport metro five times, will be delayed. Karaismailoğlu has now pointed to this month for the Sabiha Gökçen metro, which he gave the dates of December 2021, April, June and August 2022.
Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Adil Karaismailoğlu draws attention with his statements targeting the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, in particular, the metro lines. Karaismailoğlu also promises opening dates for the metros built by the Ministry in Istanbul. However, when the dates are brought together, it turns out that Karaismailoğlu is constantly postponing.
The service does not start on the dates that the media close to the government announces with the headlines of "good news" every time. Cumhuriyet, with its news titled “Five different dates announced” on August 31, 2022, brought forward that the dates promised by Minister Karaismailoğlu for the Istanbul Airport metro were not kept.
Following this development, Karaismailoğlu said that the Sabiha Gökçen Airport metro will be put into service this month, in the speech he made in the 100 Days Face to Face program held in Sancaktepe by the AKP Istanbul Provincial Presidency the previous day. However, Karaismailoğlu promised 4 different opening dates for the same metro line, none of which was realized.
Karaismailoğlu's statements regarding the Sabiha Gökçen metro are as follows:
PROMISES THAT ARE NOT KEPT
- December 2021: After examining the Sabiha Gökçen metro construction on-site in July 2020, Karaismailoğlu pointed to December 2021 for the opening with the phrase "Our goal is to carry passengers towards the end of 2021".
- April 2022: Karaismailoğlu, in his speech at the General Assembly of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey in December 2021, which did not meet the initial target, said, "We are opening the Sabiha Gökçen Airport subway in four months," and revised the date to April 2022.
- June 2022: Karaismailoğlu, who examined the works on the metro line in January 2022, days after the speech in the Parliament, said, "We will complete the line in the first half of this year and put it at the service of our people." The opening has been postponed to June 2022.
- August 2022: Karismaioğlu postponed the opening once again before June came. At the fast-breaking dinner where he met with the construction site workers in April 2022, he said, “We will be proud to present this project to the service of the people of Istanbul in August at the latest.”
- September 2022: Karaismailoğlu pointed out this month for the opening of the AKP's 100 Days Face to Face program, which he attended in Sancaktepe the previous day, with the statement "We will put our Sabiha Gökçen Airport metro line at your service in September". Istanbulites are waiting for the opening of the metro, the construction of which began in 2015.
Günceleme: 11/09/2022 11:42