Having a passport for international travel is not enough for some countries. Although some countries allow visa-free entry, many countries impose visa requirements for travelers from abroad. By having detailed information about visas and learning how to get a visa, you can plan your travels abroad.
What is a Visa?
In short, a visa is a permit from the competent authorities to enter or leave a country. The person who wants to travel can get a visa if he/she fulfills the procedures determined by the country he/she is going to and if his/her application is accepted by the official institutions. Visa procedures; It may include processes such as preparing documents and interviews.
A passport is required before obtaining a visa to travel abroad. Passport is an internationally valid identity document and contains your identity information, photo, registration of the countries you have visited and visas you have obtained. If you do not have a passport, you can first read our article where you can find the answer to the question of how to get a passport.
How to Get a Visa?
You can create your visa application by applying to the embassies or consulates of the country you want to travel, visa application centers, official counters located at the airport and border gates. For some countries, you can also apply online via the internet. One of the important points to be considered; The visa application is created by the traveler himself.
What are the Visa Types?
When applying for a visa, you need to act according to your purpose of travel, as visa types vary according to this purpose. The main types of visas are:
- Student visa: It is a visa given to students who want to go abroad for education.
- Working visa: Also known as work permit. It is a visa given to those who go abroad to work.
- Tourist visa: It is a visa given to those who want to travel for touristic reasons.
- Transit visa: It is a short-term visa issued in cases where transit or transfer from another country is required while traveling to a country.
- Official duty visa: A visa issued to officials sent to another country for a diplomatic mission.
What are the Documents Required to Obtain a Visa?
The documents required to obtain a visa may vary from country to country, as well as depending on your purpose of travel or your passport type. For this reason, you can obtain a list of required documents by applying to the consulate of the country you want to go to. The documents that we will list below are the basic documents that can be requested in the visa application:
- 2 current biometric photos
- family community sheet
- Health insurance
- Bank statement showing that your income is sufficient
- Professional status certificate
- Certificate of residence
- Marriage certificate (for married)
In How Many Days Will the Visa Be Issued?
The visa application can take 3 to 15 days after the necessary steps are completed. However, especially on special days when the application density is in question and depending on the preference of the country, the application process may take longer. Therefore, it is recommended that you submit your visa application before your travel date and at a suitable time.