Citizens wondered how to clean the tripe. Cleaning the rumen is important for health. On the other hand, it will be easier to clean by taking it apart because it is troublesome. So How to Clean the Tripe? Tripe Cleaning Method and Tips
Tripe is a concentrated source of nutrients that has been consumed since ancient times. Tripe is a tough meat that must be properly prepared to become edible. Because it is hard, you need to cook it for a long time (4-6 hours on average). It is usually cooked by boiling or boiling. Here are the details of what you need to know about the tripe, including how to clean the rumen easily and its potential benefits.
How to clean the tripe?
First of all, you need to buy freshly cut animal tripe from a reliable butcher. Since the tripe is newly cut and fresh, you need to keep it in the refrigerator for 1 night for easy cleaning. The dirty part of the tripe is separated by itself. Then you need to wash the tripe 5-6 times in cold water. You can cut the tripe into pieces for easier cleaning. There are many different methods of cleaning the rumen. Tripe can be cleaned very easily with the baking soda method.
Necessary materials for cleaning tripe with baking soda:
- A pair of gloves to keep your hands from smelling
- 4 liters of water
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- Tripe of the bovine or ovine animal you have bought
- How to clean tripe with baking soda?
- First of all, you need to thoroughly wash the tripe 5-6 times in cold water. Do not wash in hot water because the layer on the tripe becomes hard and difficult to clean.
- After boiling your water in a large saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda and mix.
- Rinse the tripe in boiling carbonated water for 2-3 seconds and remove. If you wait too long, it will harden.
- Stretch the tripe you took out of the water and peel off the layer on it. This process will not bother you much, you will see that it comes out by itself.
- Wash the stripped tripe with plenty of water.
It is not important for cleaning which animal the tripe you bought is from. Beef tripe can also be easily cleaned in this way.
How to clean tripe with rock salt and vinegar?
- Separate all the fat in the rumen and anything that is not tripe.
- Rub the separated tripe with rock salt and rinse with vinegar.
- Repeat the rock salt and vinegar process until all the dirt from the tripe is gone.
- After separating the surface of the tripe with a sharp knife, wash the remaining part with plenty of water.
How to get rid of the smell of tripe?
Those who want to make tripe generally complain about cleaning the tripe and smelling the tripe. Just as the tripe can be easily cleaned with baking soda, it can also easily remove the odor in your hand or in the house. You can easily remove the smell of tripe in the environment by putting 4 tablespoons of baking soda and 4 tablespoons of water in a container. To remove the odor on your hand, you can keep your hand in the container until the smell is gone.
Apart from baking soda, you can also use milk or vinegar to remove the smell of tripe on your hands or at home. Fatty milk removes odor faster. Those who do not like the smell of vinegar may prefer apple cider vinegar with the least smell.