Automotive Industry Association Announced January-October Data

Automotive Industry Association Announced January-October Data

Automotive Industry Association Announced January-October Data

Automotive Industry Association (OSD) announced its January-October data. Automotive production in the first ten months increased by 3 percent compared to the same period of the previous year and amounted to 1 million 29 thousand 733 units, while automobile production decreased by 5 percent to 635 thousand 745 units. Together with the tractor production, the total production was 1 million 75 thousand 553. In the same period, automotive exports increased by 5 percent to 758 thousand 702 units, while automobile exports decreased by 5 percent to 455 thousand 661 units. In this period, the total market increased by 6 percent compared to the previous year and was realized as 642 thousand 110 units, while the automobile market increased by 2 percent to 475 thousand 312 units. According to the data of the Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM), the automotive industry, which has a share of 13,1% in total exports in the January-October period, completed the first ten months of the year as the leader.

Automotive Industry Association (OSD), which is the umbrella organization of the sector with its 14 largest members that steer the Turkish automotive industry, has announced the production and export numbers and market data for the January-October period. Accordingly, in the first ten months of the year, total automotive production increased by 3 percent compared to the same period of the previous year and amounted to 1 million 29 thousand 733 units, while automobile production decreased by 5 percent to 635 thousand 745 units. Together with the tractor production, the total production was 1 million 75 thousand 553. During this period, the capacity utilization rate of the automotive industry was 63 percent. On the basis of vehicle group, capacity utilization rates were 63 percent in light vehicles (cars + light commercial vehicles), 59 percent in heavy commercial vehicles, and 73 percent in tractors.

Commercial vehicle production increased by 18 percent

In the January-October period, commercial vehicle production increased by 18 percent compared to the same period of the previous year. In this period, while production in the light commercial vehicle group increased by 17 percent and truck production by 66 percent, bus-midibus production decreased by 24 percent. In the first ten months of the year, the total commercial vehicle production was 393 thousand 988 units. Looking at the market, the commercial vehicle market increased by 19 percent, the light commercial vehicle market by 13 percent, the truck market by 66 percent and the bus-midibus market by 8 percent in the January-October period compared to the same period of the previous year. When the base effect is taken into account, the truck market fell behind by 24 percent and the bus-midibus market by 65 percent.

Total sales were 642 thousand units

In the period covering the first ten months of the year, the total market increased by 6 percent compared to the previous year and amounted to 642 thousand 110 units. In this period, the automobile market also increased by 2 percent and amounted to 475 thousand 312 units. Considering the averages of the last 10 years, the total market increased by 2 percent, the automobile market by 4 percent and the heavy commercial vehicle market by 1 percent, while the light commercial vehicle market contracted by 4 percent in the January-October period. In this period, the share of domestic vehicles in automobile sales was 40 percent, while the share of domestic vehicles in the light commercial vehicle market was 55 percent.

Automotive exports increased by 5%

In the January-October period, total automotive exports increased by 5 percent on unit basis compared to the same period of the previous year and amounted to 758 thousand 702 units. Automobile exports, on the other hand, decreased by 5 percent to 455 thousand 661 units. According to the data of the Turkish Exporters' Assembly (TIM), automotive industry exports maintained its first place with a share of 13,1 percent in total exports in the January-October period.

10 billion dollars export in 24,3 months

In the January-October period, compared to the same period of the previous year, total automotive exports increased by 19 percent in dollar terms and 14 percent in euro terms. In this period, total automotive exports amounted to 24,3 billion dollars, while automobile exports increased by 3 percent to 7,5 billion dollars. In Euro terms, automobile exports decreased by 2 percent to 6,3 billion Euros. In the first ten months of the year, exports of the main industry increased by 14 percent in dollar terms, while exports of the supply industry increased by 29 percent.

Be the first to comment

Comments