Mersin Metropolitan Municipality Department of Transportation held the long-awaited subway tender today. 13 companies with local, foreign and foreign partners participated in the tender. The tender covers the installation and commissioning of the entire system, the construction of the urban HRS Metro Line, which consists of 13.4 stations, approximately 11 km long, covering the central district of Mezitli district of Mersin and the Mediterranean district train station, underground parking and transfer structures and other structures within the area.
The tender for the Supply, Installation and Commissioning of the Construction and Electromechanical Systems of the Mezitli-3 Ocak Light Rail System Metro Line was held open to the press in the meeting room of the Department of Transportation and was broadcast live on the social media accounts of the municipality.
The Rail System Project, which is considered as one of the most visionary projects that the Metropolitan Municipality will bring to Mersin and will contribute to the socio-economic development of the city as well as being a transportation project, was awarded the Prequalification Tender.
13 offers were submitted with the participation of many companies, including domestic and foreign business partners, in the tender, which was broadcast live from social media accounts in a transparent manner. Many international companies showed interest in the project, where finance and construction will be together.
The tender previously held by Mersin Metropolitan Municipality Department of Transportation for the project was canceled by the Public Procurement Authority due to the objection of a company. Mersin Metropolitan Municipality held the pre-qualification tender for the tender, which was interrupted due to the pandemic process. "Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Construction and Electromechanical Systems of Mezitli - 3 Ocak Light Rail System Metro Line" Salih Yılmaz, Director of the Rail Systems Branch, made the Tender Commission Presidency in the tender held in the Meeting Hall of the Transportation Department. In the Prequalification Tender, 13 files sent by many companies, including domestic and foreign business partners, were examined.
Transportation Department Rail Systems Branch Manager Salih Yılmaz, who made a statement after the tender“All the files opened will be examined in detail by our commission and our invitations will be made to the technical and financial adequacy part of our tender as soon as possible. We wish good luck for our Mersin " dedicate.
Companies bidding on the tender
The companies that submitted bids for the Prequalification Tender are:
- DILINGAN CONSTRUCTION INT + KİSKA-KOM İNŞ. VE TİC. A.S. BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- CENGİZ CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY AND TRADE INC.
- ZİVER İNŞAAT TAAH. MAD. TURZ. PAZ.SAN.TİC. A.S.
- CHINA OVERSEAS ENGINEERING GROUP CO. LTD + CHINA CAMC ENGINEERING CO. LTD + SISTEM ELECTROMECHANICAL FACILITY IS
- GÜLERMAK AĞIR SAN. + SINOHYDRO CORPRATION BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP LTD
- DİDO- RAY, EDERAY, HKS ANKARA İNŞ.- EN-EZ İNŞAAT AND ARDALYA BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- DOĞUŞ İNŞ. VE TİC. A. Ş. -YAPI MERKEZİ İNŞAAT VE SANAYİ A.Ş. JOINT VENTURE
- SMU ENGEOCOM LTD. + MET-GÜN İNŞ. TAAH. VE TİC. A.Ş BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- HSY YAPI İNŞ. SANA. + ERMİT ENG. İNŞ. + ARAZ ENERJİ İNŞ. + ULURAY YAPI BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- ŞENBAY MADENCİLİK TURİZM- AZER İN. SERVICE MMC
- ALSİM ALARKO SAN. FACILITIES AND TRADE. A.S.
- PERS YAPI İNŞ. + ASTRO ÜST YAPI A.Ş. BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- NUROL İNŞAAT VE TİC. A.S.
13 Companies Bid For Mersin Metro Tender
In the first stage, the tender commission opened the bid envelopes of the 13 companies participating in the tender one by one and checked whether the terms of the specifications were fulfilled and whether there were missing documents.
After the opening of all the files, the President of the Tender Commission made a brief explanation and said, “The prequalification part of the Construction and Electromechanical Systems of the Mezitli-3 Ocak Light Rail System Metro Line within the Mersin Metropolitan Municipality Transportation Department has ended. 13 domestic and foreign companies participated in our prequalification tender. All opened files will be examined in detail by our commission, and our invitations will be made to the technical and financial adequacy part, the second stage of the tender, as soon as possible. We wish it to be beneficial for our Mersin ”.
How Many Passengers Will the Mersin Rail System Carry?
- The first phase line of the Mersin rail system will follow the Mezitli-Marina-Tulumba-Gar direction.
- In 2030, the number of daily public transport passengers will be around 1 million 200 thousand people. The target is to carry 70 percent of this with a rail system.
- The daily number of passengers at Mezitli-Gar (West) is projected as 206 thousand 341. The number of passengers per hour is estimated at 29 thousand 69.
- 62 thousand 263 of this will be passengers on the University-Train route, 161 thousand 557 will be passengers on the University-Hal route.
- On the Gar-Huzurkent route, the number of passengers per day will be 67 thousand 63 people, and between Gar-OSB, the number of passengers per day will be 92 thousand 32 people.
- The number of passengers per day will be 81 thousand 121 between Gar-Otogar-Şehir Hospital and 80 thousand 284 among Gar-City Hospital-Otogar.
- On the Mezitli-Gar line, there will be 7930 meters of cut-off and 4880 meters of single tube tunnel.
- There will be a parking lot of 6 vehicles at 1800 stations and bicycle and motorcycle parking areas at all stations.
What are the Technical Specifications of the Mersin Rail System?
- Line length from Mezitli to Gar: 13.40 km
- Number of Stations: 11
- Cross scissors: 5
- Emergency line: 11
- Tunnel type: Single tube (9.20 meters inner diameter) and open-close section
- Maximum operating speed: 80 km / h Operating speed: 42 km / h
- One way travel time: 23 minutes
- The length of the light rail line between Eski Otogar-Şehir Hastanesi and Bus Station: 8 thousand 891 meters
- Number of Stations: 6
- Tram line between Fair Center and Mersin University: 7 thousand 247 meters
- Number of Stations: 10