📩 20/09/2023 10:56
Pacific Eurasia continues its work with the aim of becoming an important player in the Iron Silk Road transportation from Asia to Europe. The company, which has signed international agreements and transportation since 2019, took part in all transportation modes, starting air and sea transportation in 2022.
Pacific Eurasia General Manager Erol Erkan said that they are planning to invest 3 billion TL in logistics within 3 years. Stating that they will make 40 percent of these investments in railway train operations, Erkan stated that the project and feasibility studies regarding the investment they will make in Köseköy Terminal, which is at a key point in Europe-Asia-Europe transportation, have been completed.
Stating that the capacity will increase 3 times with the investment to be made in Köseköy Terminal, Erkan said, "In this way, we will increase our operational power, support exports and imports, and contribute more to green logistics."
Pacific Eurasia, which received the 'Rail Train Operation Authorization Certificate' this year, is ready to operate freight trains on the Turkey track with its own locomotives and wagons. The company, which has a portfolio of 5 locomotives and 240 wagons, plans to expand to Europe and the Turkish Republics in 2025.
Pacific Group CEO F. Nusret Dur stated that there is a long way to go in the railway sector and noted that they may consider public offerings of railway companies in the future.
Pacific Eurasia's Targets in Iron Silk Road Transportation
- To be an important player in the Iron Silk Road transportation from Asia to Europe
- Investing 3 billion TL in logistics within 3 years
- Making 40 percent of these investments in railway train operations
- Investing in Köseköy Terminal, which is at a key point in Europe-Asia-Europe transportation
- Increasing the capacity of Köseköy Terminal by 3 times
- Starting to operate freight trains on the Türkiye route with its own locomotives and wagons
- Expanding to Europe and Turkish Republics in 2025
If Pacific Eurasia achieves these goals, it is expected to become an important power in Iron Silk Road transportation.