The history of Keçiören District cannot be separated from the history of Ankara. Ankara's history dates back to the stone age of the first ages. It has emerged as a result of the researches that the Hittites, Phrygians, Lydians and Galatians lived in Ankara. It is known that Ankara was founded by the Galatians.
When Galatia was connected to Rome, Ankara became the provincial capital. When the Roman Empire was divided into Eastern and Western Roman Empires in 395 AD, Ankara remained on the side of the Eastern Roman Empire. It became a Christian Center in 314-315 AD.
In 620 AD, the Sassanid ruler Hüsrev took the city from the Byzantine Christians. In AD 654, the Arabs captured Ankara, but they could not stay for long. Until 1073, Ankara lived under the rule of Byzantium.
Finally, in 1073, Turkish raiders reached Ankara and the city fell into the hands of the Seljuks. 28 years later, the Byzantines captured the city again. The city passed into the hands of the Seljuks a quarter of a century later, and the Ilkhanids of Mongolian origin in 1308.
After Ankara was captured by the Ottomans in the time of Orhan Gazi in 1356, when the armies of Timur and the armies under the command of Yıldırım Beyazıt met in Çubuk Plain in 1402, Yıldırım Beyazıt's armies used Keçiören Kalaba as their headquarters. Ankara, which had a dull life until the War of Independence, became the heart of Turkey with the War of Independence.
Located on the right at the beginning of Keçiören Sanatorium Street and used as the General Directorate of Meteorology, the building became the venue of important events for Ankara and Turkey at the beginning of the century. The building, which was used as an Agricultural School in those years, was opened in 1907 during the reign of Governor Ferit Pasha. Mustafa Kemal Pasha, who established his headquarters in the Agricultural School, worked here day and night for our liberation struggle.
The borders of our Keçiören, which was connected to Altındağ district in 1953, became a district within the borders of Ankara Municipality in 1966, and became a Metropolitan District Municipality with the Law No. 30 dated November 1983, 2983, were determined by the decision numbered 13/81 of the Ministry of Interior.
Keçiören, which was established on a very rugged and rocky land, is surrounded by the Ufuktepe and Karyağdı Mountains to the north, Etlik Hill to the northwest, Yükseltepe to the west, Aktepe, Hüseyin Gazi Mountain to the east and Idris Mountain, which is 1985 meters high. The only river in the district is Çubuk Stream. Çubuk Stream arises from the southern slopes of Aydos Mountains, enters the territory of the district after passing through Çubuk Plain, flows by drawing a border between Altındağ in the district for a while, and combines with İncesu and Hatip Brooks to form Ankara Brook. There are no plains, lakes, dams or rivers within the borders of Keçiören. There are two Kösrelik and Sarıbeyler plant and animal irrigation ponds built by the private administration. The service area of Keçiören Municipality is 58,66 km2 in size. The height of our district is 850 meters from the sea, and its surface area has reached 159 km2 with its connection to our district in Bağlum.
Keçiören is one of the metropolitan districts of Ankara. It is neighbors with Pursaklar in the East and Northeast, Çubuk in the North and Northeast, Kahramankazan in the Northwest and West, Yenimahalle in the Southwest and Altındağ in the South and Southeast.
Günceleme: 17/03/2023 10:12