It turned out that the condition of the famous actor Bruce Willis, who quit acting due to his illness and therefore worried his family and fans, was deteriorating.
2022-year-old actor Bruce Willis, who was diagnosed with aphasia, a disorder that affects his ability to speak and understand, in March 67.
While Willis is currently vacationing in Idaho with his children, wife Emma Heming Willis and ex-wife Demi Moore, Emma frequently posts photos from their vacation on her Instagram account.
An unnamed source also said that Willis can't say much anymore and doesn't understand much of what others are saying to him. So they know the value of every moment.” said.
Adding that Demi and Emma became closer as they worked together to help the struggling actress, the source added, “Bruce can't say much and apparently doesn't understand much of what others are saying. So Emma really became a voice and communication tool for him. "There are days when they see the old Bruce, but those are short and far away," he said.
What is Aphasia?
Aphasia occurs when one or more parts of the speech area in the left lobe of the brain are damaged. Damage occurs in the brain lobes, which experience insufficient oxygen and glucose intake due to occlusion or convulsions in the vessels leading to the brain. There are different types of aphasia according to the point of appearance and spread of this damage that develops in the brain. The types of aphasia can be listed as follows:
- Broca's Aphasia: Although the understanding part of communication is not impaired in Broca's aphasia, the answering part is impaired. In other words, someone with Broca's aphasia understands but cannot answer correctly or produce the appropriate word.
- Global Aphasia: In global aphasia, also called total aphasia, not only the response area of the brain is damaged, but also skill areas such as speaking, understanding, repetition, interpretation, reading and writing.
- Wernicke's Aphasia: It is a type of aphasia, also known as fluent aphasia. In this type of aphasia associated with Wernicke Korsakoff syndrome, lesions originating in the visual and auditory areas of the brain cause problems in perception and speech. Therefore, the information that cannot be fully processed in the language and speech area cannot turn into words and speech disorder occurs.
- Conduction Aphasia: In this type of aphasia, the patient cannot repeat spoken words and sentences. Other language and speech areas are slightly or not impaired at all. A patient with conduction aphasia can understand instructions; can speak and read sentences written on a piece of paper.
- Anomic Aphasia: In this type of aphasia, patients can speak fluently and clearly. They do not have perception problems, but they cannot name objects or have difficulty remembering the words they want to use. For this reason, they have difficulties in written and verbal communication.
- Transcortical Aphasia: It is a type of aphasia that occurs as a result of the deterioration of the connection between the language area and the cognitive area. Its symptoms are similar to Wernicke's aphasia, but patients with transcortical aphasia retain the ability to relapse. The areas of reading aloud, writing and comprehension are damaged. In transcortical aphasia, individuals cannot understand what people are saying to themselves.
The question of what is aphasia or what is aphasia, which is often wondered, can be answered in this way.
Günceleme: 09/12/2022 11:01