An endocrinologist is a medical doctor who specializes in the detection and treatment of hormonal disorders that affect the endocrine system. Common disorders treated by an endocrinologist are: thyroid abnormalities, diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol disorders, and cancers of the endocrine glands.
What Does an Endocrinologist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- Examining the patient's medical history before the treatment and diagnosis process,
- Testing to determine the possibility of problems with the endocrine gland,
- Investigating and examining the symptoms of hormonal imbalance,
- Requesting laboratory tests in order to make a definitive diagnosis,
- Determining the treatment program and explaining it to the patient,
- Prescribing medication,
- To perform surgical intervention if necessary,
- Advising patients on diet and nutrition, hygiene and other preventive treatment.
- Recording patient medical information,
- Respecting patient privacy,
- Continuing professional development.
What Education Is Required To Become An Endocrinology Specialist?
To become an endocrinologist, it is necessary to fulfill the following criteria;
- To graduate with a bachelor's degree from the six-year medical faculties of universities,
- To specialize in Internal Medicine for four years by successfully passing the Medical Specialization Examination (TUS),
- To do minor specialization for three years by successfully passing the Minor Specialization Examination (YDUS).
Features that an Endocrinology Specialist Should Have
- Having the physical and mental stamina required to work long hours,
- Being able to stay calm and make effective decisions in intense stressful situations,
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills,
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills to clearly express medical conditions,
- Approaching patients with an empathetic attitude,
- To have self-discipline.
Endocrinologist Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of those working in the position of Endocrinology Specialist are the lowest 41.990 TL, the average 52.480 TL, the highest 69.240 TL.
Günceleme: 07/01/2023 18:59