The mining engineer is responsible for evaluating the feasibility, safety and productivity of mining sites. Plans and manages the extraction of surface and underground resources.
What Does a Mining Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The main task of the mining engineer is to ensure the safe and efficient extraction of underground resources such as minerals, metals, oil and gas. Other obligations of professional professionals are as follows;
- Conducting research to locate metallic ores or non-metallic materials such as coal, stone and gravel,
- Evaluating the commercial benefit potential of the discovered mining sites,
- Identifying methods for extracting minerals, taking into account factors such as safety, operating costs, mine depth and environmental layers,
- Making sure that the equipment used is safe,
- Analyzing workforce requirements, equipment needs and operating costs to generate annual budget reports.
- Working together with the management unit and technical staff and advising them,
- Ensuring that operations comply with health and safety requirements,
- Applying mining engineering knowledge to solve environmental problems,
- Continuing professional development.
How to Become a Mining Engineer?
In order to become a mining engineer, universities are required to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the four-year Mining Engineering department.
Features Required for a Mining Engineer
- Have the management ability to supervise mining personnel and make decisions regarding equipment purchases, upgrades and repairs,
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize workload
- Having no travel restrictions,
- To have health conditions to carry out field work,
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills to report and present,
- To provide team management and motivation,
- Having command of the software used in the mining field,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Mining Engineer Salaries 2022
As Mining Engineers progress in their careers, their positions and average salaries are the lowest 5.610 TL, average 11.000 TL, and the highest 25.930 TL.
Günceleme: 07/01/2023 18:59