Geography teacher; It has the responsibility to teach students about geographical issues such as the Earth's geographical structure, physical environment, climate, soil, and the relationship of population to these factors.
What Does a Geography Teacher Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- Using visual materials or technological methods to help students learn geographical topics,
- Planning field trips and research projects that present national or international unique geographical features,
- To prepare creative classroom projects or individualized studies for students who have difficulties in learning geography lesson topics and to ensure that the student focuses on the subject,
- Planning and evaluating the curriculum, course content and materials, teaching methods,
- Evaluate students' classroom work, assignments and grades,
- Evaluating, recording and reporting students' progress and achievements,
- To perform effective time management in order to achieve the determined educational goals,
- To carry out interdisciplinary studies in communication with colleagues,
- To follow the developments in the professional field by reading the current literature and attending conferences.
What Education Do You Need To Get To Become A Geography Teacher?
In order to become a geography teacher, universities have to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the Department of Geography Teaching, which provides four-year education. Graduates of the Department of Geography affiliated to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences are entitled to become a Geography Teacher by taking pedagogical formation.
Features that a Geography Teacher Should Have
The other qualifications of the geography teacher, who are expected to have an interest in social sciences and to provide an interdisciplinary education, are as follows;
- Making effective lesson planning and applying creative teaching techniques,
- To provide classroom management,
- Working with an understanding that supports equality of opportunity, participation, difference and diversity,
- To exhibit a responsible and cooperative attitude towards colleagues,
- To have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Geography Teacher Salaries 2022
As Geography Teachers progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 7.020 TL, the highest 14.150 TL.
Günceleme: 04/01/2023 08:27