Dentist; Diagnoses and treats the patient's problems with teeth, gums and related parts of the mouth. Provides advice on the care of teeth and gums and nutritional choices that affect oral health.
What Does a Dentist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The basic duties and responsibilities of a dentist include examining the dental and oral health of patients of all ages and applying the treatment accordingly. Other responsibilities of the dentist can be grouped under the following headings;
- Filling the teeth to remove the decay and fill the gaps,
- Pulling broken teeth
- Treating teeth to correct bite problems,
- Applying anesthesia to prevent patients from feeling pain during medical procedures,
- Prescribing antibiotics or other drugs
- Making models and sizes of intraoral equipment such as dentures suitable for patients,
- patients; to inform about dental floss, fluoride use and other methods of dental care,
- Supervising the work of professional, technical and administrative personnel,
- Have up-to-date knowledge of new products that can provide patient care, improve patient conditions, or treat the patient
What Education Is Required to Become a Dentist?
In order to become a dentist, it is necessary to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the Faculty of Dentistry, which provides five years of education.
Features that a Dentist Should Have
- Having the dexterity to work with tools in a limited area,
- To be able to communicate well with patients and other professionals,
- To be able to detect intraoral changes and problems by working detail-oriented,
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, including keeping accurate records for patient care.
- Having the physical ability to perform dental operations that require standing for a long time,
- Show the patience to work for a long time with patients who need special attention,
- Having problem-solving skills to evaluate the symptoms of patients and choose the appropriate treatment,
Dentist Salaries 2022
As dentists progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 15.110 TL, the average 18.890 TL, the highest 44.230 TL.
Günceleme: 07/01/2023 18:59