A classroom teacher is a person who teaches reading and writing, basic mathematics, social studies, science and manual skills to students starting primary school. Can work in private or state schools.
What Does a Class Teacher Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The classroom teacher is expected to contribute to the pedagogical development of children. The main duties of the classroom teacher, who must provide education and training in accordance with the curriculum determined by the Ministry of National Education, are listed as follows;
- teaching children to read and write,
- To enable children to acquire basic knowledge in areas such as mathematics and science,
- To provide children with the knowledge and skills required by the curriculum,
- Identifying children with failure or non-compliance and meeting with the guidance service,
- Perceiving differences in students' learning capacities,
- Trying to develop children's reasoning skills,
- Utilizing modern education methods.
What Education Do You Need to Get to Become a Classroom Teacher?
People who want to be a classroom teacher must read and successfully complete the 4-year Classroom Teaching department.
Features that a Classroom Teacher Should Have
The first qualification expected of classroom teachers is to develop a good and level communication with children. Apart from this, the qualifications that classroom teachers should have are listed as follows;
- To be resilient, disciplined and self-sacrificing,
- knowing how to use time
- To have proper diction and effective oratory,
- To know psychology at a level to understand children's problems,
- For male candidates who want to work in private schools, not to be related to military service,
- To be able to communicate with the parents of the students.
Classroom Teacher Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of those working in the position of Classroom Teacher are the lowest 5.520 TL, the average 8.480 TL, the highest 13.530 TL.