It is the person who gives education to students about chemistry in private or public schools and educational institutions such as private teaching institutions. By combining the concepts, hypotheses, theories and principles of chemistry with other courses and disciplines, it enables students to learn by planning them according to their age level.
What Does a Chemistry Teacher Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Apart from all the duties required by teaching, such as organizing activities to increase the abilities of students by participating in extracurricular training clubs, the duties related to his own branch are as follows:
- To follow scientific publications related to his field and to present ideas to the management so that new information can be transferred to the students,
- Being responsible for the organization of the chemistry laboratory, preparing experiments for students and ensuring their participation.
- To prepare a study plan according to the level of the student group to be trained in accordance with the chemistry curriculum and curriculum approved by the Ministry of National Education,
- To provide students with knowledge, perspective and skills related to the science of chemistry,
- Evaluating the success levels of the students and informing the students, school administration and parents,
- To try different educational methods so that students can understand the lesson and increase their success.
Requirements to Become a Chemistry Teacher
Graduates of the Chemistry Teaching Department of the universities can start the profession with the title of Chemistry Teacher. In addition, those who have graduated from Chemical Engineering or Chemistry departments of universities can also work as chemistry teachers by completing pedagogical formation or "Secondary Education Field Teaching Non-Thesis Master's Program".
What Education Is Required To Become A Chemistry Teacher?
In order to become a chemistry teacher, the courses given in the relevant departments of universities are basically as follows:
- general chemistry
- general mathematics
- general physics
- Mathematical methods in chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Atom and molecule structure
- instrumental chemistry
- core chemistry
- Analytical chemistry
- organic chemistry laboratory
- Educational psychology and assessment
Chemistry Teacher Salaries 2022
As Chemistry Teachers progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.520 TL, the average 7.590 TL, the highest 11.510 TL.
Günceleme: 04/01/2023 08:28