The Occupational Physician is responsible for working with the company management and technical personnel to ensure that measures are taken for possible occupational accidents, to plan an effective response, to determine the resources that will be needed and to recommend their implementation.
What Does the Occupational Physician Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The general duties of the profession professionals whose obligations are specified in the relevant legislation of the Ministry of Labor and Social Security are as follows;
- Performing health screening to ensure that the individuals to be recruited have the physical competence to perform the relevant profession,
- To carry out periodic health examinations of the employees in line with the employer's request,
- Determining treatment methods and prescribing drugs to employees,
- Investigate the work accident on behalf of the company in cases where work-related injuries result in a claim for compensation against the employer,
- Identifying the cause of a work-related injury, deciding how serious it is, and assessing the work site where the incident occurred.
- Suggesting policy changes to reduce the likelihood of workplace injury,
- Providing advice to management units on reducing related expenses such as employee absenteeism and insurance compensation,
- Making arrangements on how to make the workplace healthier in general,
- To control the effects of toxic or other dangerous substances on employees,
- Implementing precautionary programs to prevent the spread of communicable diseases in the workplace,
- Establishing a workplace that complies with health and safety procedures
How to Become a Workplace Physician?
To become an Occupational Physician, it is necessary to fulfill the following criteria;
- To graduate from medical faculties of universities that provide six-year education,
- Participating in the Occupational Medicine course given by the educational institutions authorized by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security and obtaining a workplace medicine certificate.
Features Required in a Workplace Physician
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Being able to work within working hours that change depending on the health problems that arise,
- Reporting and presentation,
- Being able to stay calm and make effective decisions in the face of stressful situations,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Workplace Physician Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of the Workplace Physician are the lowest 9.870 TL, the average 16.750 TL, the highest 26.000 TL.