Lieutenant; It is the military rank between the first lieutenant and the second lieutenant, whose real duty is the team command in the land, naval and air forces of the countries. In the dictionary, lieutenant means “attacking”.
A lieutenant is an officer in the army whose rank is between a first lieutenant and a second lieutenant, and who also works as a platoon or team commander in the company he serves. The lieutenant has a star on his epaulette. They are included in the "Officer" class in the TAF. A lieutenant is superior to a sergeant and petty officer.
What Does a Lieutenant Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Lieutenants serve under the General Command of the Gendarmerie and the land, naval and air forces commanders in the TAF. The most important task of the lieutenant is to manage the team he is leading according to the hierarchical order of the army.
- To direct the ensigns, specialist privates and non-commissioned officers who have a lower rank and take part in their team,
- Participate in combat missions and manage your team during combat,
- Fighting the enemy's sea, land or air vehicles and directing the vehicles in his unit,
- To establish healthy communication with the understanding of unity and togetherness,
- Giving information to his subordinates and superiors at the points he deems necessary,
- To make the vehicles, equipment, equipment and weapons in your unit ready for use.
What are the conditions to become a lieutenant?
To become a lieutenant, you must enroll in the Military Academy. The application requirements for this school are:
- be no more than 20 years old,
- Being a Turkish citizen,
- For those who continue their education in high school or equivalent schools, to have applied in the registration period following the graduation period,
- To have participated in the National Defense University (MSU) Military Student Candidate Determination Exam held by ÖSYM that year and to have received at least the determined call base score,
- Not to be a member of structures and formations that endanger the security of the state,
- Not taking part in a pro-terrorist act or provocation,
- Not gaining income by methods that are not accepted in the society (slander, theft, bribery),
- Not to be convicted or to be investigated for any matter, even minor,
- Not being engaged, married, divorced, with children, not being pregnant and not living in a non-wedlocked union,
- Successfully completing the adjustment training at the military school.
What Education Is Required to Become a Lieutenant?
There are 4 different options for you to become a lieutenant. These; To graduate from the Military Academy, to be successful in the lieutenant exam while serving as a second lieutenant, to have served as a second lieutenant for 9 months and to start working as a contract lieutenant. In order to become a lieutenant by training, you must successfully graduate from the military education, physical education and sports program and academic programs given at the Military Academy.
Lieutenant Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they hold and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 9.100 TL, the average 19.860 TL, and the highest 45.500 TL.