Database manager is the professional title given to the person who organizes and manages the data of the company he works for and ensures that the data can be used correctly and securely.
What Does a Database Administrator Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The main duties and responsibilities of the database manager, who manages the sales, payroll, manufacturing and more systems in the corporate database, are as follows:
- Designing and structuring the so-called relational database data,
- Implementing and managing a corporate database,
- Being responsible for the integrity and availability of data,
- Designing, implementing and monitoring database servers,
- Designing data archiving solutions,
- To ensure database security,
- Designing and developing the company database,
- To make and implement the data provision and implementation plan,
- Transferring database information to different mobile devices,
- Designing and developing the company database together with different database administrators,
- Analyzing and reporting corporate data to shape business decision,
- Working as an expert in leading database management systems such as IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL,
- Generating data table parameters to data flow diagrams, physical database maps and entity relationships.
How to Become a Database Administrator?
To become a database administrator, it is necessary to graduate from universities such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Database Management, Computer Engineering.
Database Administrator Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of the employees in the position of Database Manager are the lowest 10.000 TL, the average 18.000 TL, and the highest 29.190 TL.