Authorized persons who check the aircraft before the flight and report that they are ready for flight are called aircraft technicians. The aircraft technician must have an aircraft maintenance license.
What Does an Aircraft Technician Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The technicians, who are responsible for the maintenance works of the aircraft within their authority, are subjected to comprehensive training before the task. The duties of an aircraft technician include:
- To control and repair the engine, body and electronic systems of the aircraft,
- To make regular checks of the aircraft in line with the periods determined by the aviation institution,
- Predicting possible malfunctions and taking necessary measures,
- Checking the efficiency of the aircraft's fuel tank and maintaining the external fuel tanker,
- To control cracks that may occur or may occur in the wing or tail,
- Signing documents stating that the aircraft is ready for flight without any problems,
- To provide the technical equipment required for aircraft maintenance.
What It Takes to Become an Aircraft Technician
Those who graduated from the Aircraft Maintenance Technician and Aircraft Body-Engine departments in technical high schools and provide 5-year education, and those who graduated from a regular high school and completed the relevant departments in civil aviation colleges in universities can participate in the Aircraft Maintenance Technician Training Program. Those who complete the program organized jointly by THY and İŞKUR can work as aircraft technicians.
What Education Is Required To Become An Aircraft Technician?
Among the courses that must be taken in aircraft technician training, where it is mandatory to be at least 18 years old and a 6-month training is given; In addition to courses such as aviation procedures and aircraft maintenance, English and theoretical training are also included.
Aircraft Technician Salaries 2022
As Aircraft Maintenance Technicians progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 11.140 TL, the highest 25.950 TL.