Radiology Specialist; It is the professional title given to the person who follows the diseases of the patients during the diagnosis and treatment process in the field of radiology and performs the radiological procedures for therapeutic purposes. Diagnosis is made by examining and testing by a specialist doctor in the field in question. Then, patients are treated in the field of radiology.
What Does a Radiology Specialist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The duties of the radiologist who can work in public or private hospitals are as follows:
- To be able to use the ultrasonography device and to view the diseases and diagnose the problem,
- Using the fluoroscopy device, filming the body parts of the patients such as head, hand, foot and lung,
- To perform esophageal, intestinal and stomach examinations of patients knowing the shooting areas such as histilography, intravenous urography,
- To apply and evaluate the computed tomography process and to guide the patients correctly,
- To evacuate formations such as abscesses and cysts in the body,
- As the film shooting areas are areas that emit radiation, ensuring that the radiation is kept to a minimum in this region for both itself and its surroundings,
- Conducting mammography examinations,
- Performing magnetic resonance examinations and evaluating all examinations,
- Consulting with physicians who are known to be related to the disease,
- To follow scientific data in the field of radiology, to follow the publications in this field and to participate in symposiums.
What Education Is Required To Become A Radiology Specialist?
In order to become a Radiology Specialist, first of all, 6 years of Medical Faculty education must be completed. Then, by taking the TUS exam, he is entitled to specialize in radiology. kazanmust make. Those who successfully complete the specialization training can work as a Radiology Specialist. Specialists working in this position retire earlier than in other units, as the X-ray is taken in an area where radiation-containing beams are abundant.
Radiologist Salaries 2022
As the radiologist progresses in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 20.000 TL, the average 20.570 TL, the highest 42.450 TL.