Genetic engineer; conducts the comprehensive study of genes and living forms including humans, plants, animals and microorganisms. It takes part in arranging or changing genetic structures so that organisms become healthier, more productive and resistant to environmental challenges.
What Does a Genetic Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The general responsibilities of genetic engineers who carry out research and studies for a healthier life and community welfare are as follows;
- Conducting research on various engineering aspects of animal, plant and human biological systems.
- Conducting studies to manipulate and modify genes for the treatment of inherited diseases,
- Extracting the DNA of organisms or performing diagnostic tests,
- Researching new materials to be used in experiments and products,
- To use biomedical equipment correctly and to make changes to the equipment when necessary,
- To preserve the living things, cells and tissues that have been genetically researched and studied,
- Ensuring work safety in the laboratory,
- Supervising or directing the work of other geneticists, biologists or technicians working on genetic research projects,
- Documenting laboratory research processes and results,
- Documenting and publishing research and experiment results by writing scientific articles,
- Analyzing the data obtained as a result of experiment and research and publishing it as an article,
- To transfer both theory and practice to young colleagues and students,
- To follow scientific publications and developments continuously,
- Working to develop new techniques and applications.
How to Become a Genetic Engineer?
In order to become a genetic engineer, it is necessary to complete the four-year Genetic Engineering departments of universities with a bachelor's degree.
Required Qualities of a Genetic Engineer
- Having the ability to think analytically,
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and interpret complex concepts,
- Having advanced observation skills and paying attention to details,
- Demonstrate a predisposition to teamwork,
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve complex problems,
- Being open to professional development,
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an orderly and detailed manner,
- Have advanced communication skills
Genetic Engineer Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of those working in the position of Genetic Engineer are the lowest 6.110 TL, the average 14.350 TL, the highest 27.860 TL.
Günceleme: 04/01/2023 08:28