For those with tooth loss implant therapy It is the most preferred permanent solution. Artificial teeth fixed to the jawbone with titanium screws are generally called implants. Implants applied to fit natural teeth provide support for removable dentures. With proper care, a dental implant can be used for a lifetime.
Implant Appointment: https://www.drozlemozcan.com/implant/
In Which Situations Is Implant Made?
In order to have a dental implant, the patient must first have a suitable jaw structure. Implants placed in the chin as a result of the surgical procedure are generally applied in the following cases:
- One or more congenitally missing teeth
- Inability to wear a prosthesis
- Speech disorder
- long-term dental problems
- Traumatic injury and decay in natural teeth
- Supporting bridge therapy
Apart from these cases, it can also be used for different diseases that the dentist will deem appropriate as a result of the examination. implant therapy preferable. Implant prices on the other hand, it varies according to which tooth it is applied to, the brand and the quality of the material.
Who Can Have Implant Treatment?
Dental implants, which are placed in the jawbone as the roots of missing teeth, are surgical products that do not fuse and cause damage. Alright, To whom can the implant be applied?? Here are the conditions of a correct implant treatment can be expressed as follows:
- be over 18 years old
- To have fully completed the development of the jawbone
- oral tissue is healthy
- Have enough bone or bone graft to fix the implants
- Not having a health problem that will prevent bone healing
That's why it's crucial to have an expert like this reliable cosmetic dentist in Ballwin to have your condition examined before getting an implant.
Smokers, those with chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease, and those who have received radiation therapy are evaluated individually. implant therapy their suitability is investigated. Although dental implants generally have a 98% success rate, they are not suitable for everyone.
Implant Treatment Stages
All dentists perform a series of examinations before starting implant surgery. This ensures that the operation is successful. “How to make an implant and what steps need to be completed?” questions can be answered as follows:
- First, blood tests are performed on the patient. If you have chronic and systemic diseases or signs of infection implant therapy
- Factors such as gums and bone condition are examined to determine where and at what size the implant will be placed.
- If dental caries, gum diseases, infection and bite anomalies are diagnosed, all of them must be treated first.
- Adequate bone thickness and mass must be determined for a successful implant application. In case of insufficiency, pre-treatment grafting procedures can be applied.
In addition, Implant treatment The patient should definitely indicate if there is any medication used beforehand. Because some drugs can prevent clotting and cause serious problems during surgery.
How to Care for a Dental Implant?
After the surgical procedure, the patient should pay attention to oral care. He should stop smoking and alcohol use. It is expected that the lower jaw will heal in 3 months and the upper jaw in 4-5 months. After the healing is completed and the implant screws are fused to the bone, artificial teeth can be inserted. Dental implants need care with brushing, flossing, rinsing with mouthwash and regular dental checkups. Istanbul implant Those who are looking for a treatment center, Dr. They can get a professional and reliable service under the control of Özlem Özcan.