Dentists are most often asked how I can prevent my teeth from decaying. First of all, you should not neglect your oral care and regular check-ups. Because it is important to diagnose dental caries at an early stage. Caries can be treated without causing tooth loss with methods such as regular tooth brushing, filling or root canal treatment if advanced.
If neglected, it can cause the following problems.
- pain that worsens over time
- Abscess formation in the bruise area
- Swelling of the gums due to infection
- Teeth breakage due to progressive caries
- Difficulty chewing your food
Dentist Pertev Kökdemir made recommendations to avoid these problems and not to lose your teeth in the future.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- You can choose fluoride toothpaste.
- Use mouthwash and floss once a day.
- Do not delay your regular dental check-ups every 6 months.
- Be careful not to consume sticky, sugary, acidic foods and drinks. Brush your teeth or drink water when you consume these foods.