📩 20/07/2022 11:46
İzmir Suburban System (İZBAN) or Egeray is a suburban train system serving in İzmir, Turkey's third largest city. The project was implemented in partnership with Izmir Metropolitan Municipality and TCDD. There are 136 stations on the 41-kilometer railway line between İzmir's Aliağa and Selçuk districts. With this feature, the line is the longest urban suburban line in Turkey. Carrying its first passenger on 30 August 2010, İZBAN organized 1 million flights in the remaining period and reached 827 million passengers.
İZBAN, which offers a very strategic rail public transportation service on the north-south axis of İzmir, has reached one million trips in 12 years. İZBAN, which carried its first passenger on 30 August 2010, increased its 80-kilometer line to 110 kilometers with the opening of Torbalı and to 136 kilometers with the opening of Selçuk, carries out nearly 250 trips every day. İZBAN, which is the largest urban suburban system in our country with an airport connection, carries more than 136 thousand passengers every day on a 250-kilometer line.
While the number of passengers carried by İZBAN in the past 12 years has reached 827 million, the distance covered has left behind 65 million kilometers. During this period, İZBAN carried the highest number of passengers per day on October 24, 2017 with 347 thousand people. The highest number of passengers per month was 2017 million people in October 9,4. İZBAN carried 2017 million people in 97,4, when it broke the passenger record of all time. With the removal of the pandemic restrictions, İZBAN started to reach the old number of passengers again.
İZBAN, which provides service on the 136-kilometer line between Aliağa and Selçuk, was built on the İzmir-Alsancak - Aydın railway, which was put into service in 1858 and was the first railway line in Anatolia, and the İzmir-Basmane - Kasaba railway lines, which came into service in 1865. The north axis between Aliağa and Menemen, the central axis between Menemen and Cumaovası, and the south axis between Cumaovası and Selçuk. Karşıyaka Railway Tunnel and 2.000 meter length Sirinyer Railway Tunnel.
There are forty stations on the 136 kilometer İZBAN line, all with disabled access. Aliağa, Biçerova, Hatundere, Menemen, Egekent 2, Ulukent, Egekent, Ata Sanayi, Çiğli, Mavişehir, Şemikler, Demirköprü, Nergiz, Karşıyaka, Alaybey, Naldoken, Turan, Bayraklı, Salhane, Halkapınar, Alsancak, Hilal, Kemer, Şirinyer, Running, Revolution, District Garage, ESBAŞ, Gaziemir, Sarnıç, Adnan Menderes Airport, Cumaovası, Develi, Tekeli, Beet, Kuşçuburun, Torbalı, Tepeköy, Health, Belevi and Selçuk stations provides service. alaybey, Karşıyaka, Nergiz and Şirinyer stations are underground, other stations are above ground.
- August 30, 2010 - Passenger pre-operation
- 7 October 2011 - Torbali line groundbreaking ceremony
- March 8, 2012 - 50 millionth passenger
- 17 March 2012 – Gulf Dolphin sets contract signing ceremony
- 28 May 2013 - UITP Grand Prize
- 4 August 2013 – Crescent Station opening
- June 19, 2014 - 200 millionth passenger
- August 30, 2014 - Gulf Dolphin sets put into service
- February 6, 2016 - Opening of Torbali line
- September 9, 2017 – Inauguration of the Selcuk line
- November 3, 2017 - 500 millionth passenger
- April 8, 2018 – 600 millionth passenger
- June 9, 2018 – Reaching the 40 millionth kilometer
- 8 April 2019 – Belevi Station opening
- March 14, 2020 - 700 millionth passenger
- April 20, 2021 – 800 millionth passenger