Occupational therapy, one of the health departments, is highly preferred by students in our country. In today's article, we will answer questions about the Occupational Therapy department. Good reading.
What is Occupational Therapy?
What is Occupational Therapy? What Does It Do? Occupational therapy department aims to train people who can enable people who have lost their lives due to any illness or similar illness to participate in various activities, activities and daily life. The most important thing in the department is human relations.
What are Occupational Therapy Courses?
We can list the courses that will be held responsible for those who have received or want to receive training in the field of occupational therapy as follows;
- Growth and Development
- Dance and Movement Therapy
- Disability Psychology
- Occupational Therapy Theories
- Activities in Occupational Therapy
- Ethics and Professional Development in Occupational Therapy
- Management in Occupational Therapy
- Introduction to Occupational Therapy
- Functional Kinesiology
- Occupational Therapy in Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Daily Living Activities
- Evidence-Based Occupational Therapy Practices
- Musculoskeletal Function Deficiencies
- Occupational Therapy in Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Preventive Occupational Therapy and Environmental Regulations
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Occupational Therapy in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Organization and Registration Systems
- Orthotics and Biomechanics
- Problem-Based Occupational Therapy Applications
- Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry
- Strategies for Health and Well-being
- Basic Measurement and Evaluation Techniques
- Community Based Rehabilitation
- Assistive Technology
Persons who give their courses and fulfill the conditions offered by the university they are educated in, have the right to graduate from the department. kazanwill work.
How Many Years Is Occupational Therapy?
The education period of the Occupational Therapy Department is 4 years and the students must complete 240 ECTS course rights to graduate from this department.
Occupational Therapy Sequence
According to the score rankings of the students who were placed in the Occupational Therapy department in 2021, the highest score was 378,28 and the lowest score was 190,56304. The highest ranking in 2021 was determined as 119.964, and the lowest ranking was determined as 692.913.
Students who want to be placed in the occupational therapy department must first take the TYT exam, which is the first session of the YKS exam, and then the AYT exam, which is the second session. Students who fail to pass the 150 threshold in the TYT exam will not be counted in the AYT exam and the department recruits students based on their numerical score.
What Does Occupational Therapy Do?
We can list the duties of people trained in the field of occupational therapy in their professional life as follows;
- It helps in the treatment of dyslexia individuals.
- It is found in the treatment of children or adults diagnosed as hyperactive.
- It is found in the treatment of individuals with an addictive disease.
- It enables individuals with physical disabilities to meet their daily needs by themselves.
- Supports autistic patients.
- It organizes the living spaces of the elderly and disabled people.
- Provides psychological support to individuals with cancer.
- The return of excluded individuals to society kazanallows it to come off.
- Treats individuals with a tendency to commit crimes.
- It is used in the treatment of individuals with weak skeletal and muscular systems.
People who want to study occupational therapy department must have certain characteristics;
- Must follow directions and be able to notice details.
- Should be interested in psychology, biology and physics.
- Must be patient and careful.
- Must be able to keep up with teamwork.
- Must be able to empathize.
- Finger and hand skills should be developed.
- He should pay attention to cleanliness.
What are Occupational Therapy Job Opportunities?
We can list the job opportunities for people who are trained in the field of occupational therapy as follows;
- Private institutions
- Public institutions and organizations
- health institutions
- Patients' homes and workplaces
- nursing homes
- Nursing Homes
- Private schools
- rehabilitation centers
- Occupational Health Centers
- social centers
Occupational Therapy Salaries
The salaries of people who receive training in the field of occupational therapy and work in the government are between 4.500 TL and 5.500 TL. In private workplaces, salaries vary between 3.500 TL and 5.000 TL.
Universities with Occupational Therapy Department
We can list the universities that have occupational therapy departments as follows;
- Hacettepe University (Ankara)
- Bezm-I Alem Vakif University (Istanbul)
- Uskudar University (Istanbul)
- Istanbul Bilgi University
- Istanbul Medipol University
- Bahcesehir University (Istanbul)
- Biruni University (Istanbul)
- Istanbul Gelisim University
- Near East University (TRNC-Nicosia)
- Girne American University (TRNC-Girne)
- University of Health Sciences (Istanbul)