Food Inspector is a professional title given to individuals held responsible for performing laboratory analyzes and facility inspections to ensure food safety and standards.
What Does a Food Inspector Do?
What is a Food Controller? Food Inspector Salary 2022 We can list the professional duties of the Food Inspector as follows;
- Takes food samples and performs laboratory analysis.
- Provides the supply of raw materials required for testing in the laboratory.
- Performs pre-production health checks.
- Uses laboratory equipment within the specified safety procedures.
- Performs equipment sterilization and maintenance.
- It performs tests to determine the conformity of the physical and chemical properties of the foods in the production process to the quality standards.
- Recommends product formulation changes based on test data.
- Controls food safety throughout the production process.
- It monitors the plant temperature.
- Inspects meat racks and warehouses of other perishable foods to ensure optimum temperature is maintained.
- Evaluates the final products in terms of quality and acceptability.
- Supervises product shipments.
- Checks all packaging for correct allergen labeling.
- Reports product quality problems to the relevant management units.
- Provides food safety training to production personnel.
- The institution protects the confidentiality of information.
How to Become a Food Controller?
Those who want to become a food controller should graduate from the Food Control and Analysis, Food Technology associate degree departments of vocational schools that provide two-year education, or from Food Engineering programs of four-year universities.
People who want to become a Food Inspector must have certain qualifications;
- Must have knowledge of food microbiology.
- Demonstrate competence in laboratory analysis techniques.
- Detail oriented work.
- There should be no travel restrictions.
- Must have analytical skills.
- Must have verbal and written communication skills to report.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must adapt to teamwork.
- Must be able to perform work and time management.
- There should be no military obligation for male candidates.
Food Inspector Salaries
The lowest Food Inspector salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.200 TL, the average Food Inspector salary was 5.800 TL, and the highest Food Inspector salary was 6.700 TL.