Architectural designers are professional professionals who specialize in planning and designing structures or urban landscapes.
What Does an Architectural Designer Do, What Are Their Duties?
The job description varies according to the characteristics of the project for which the architectural designer is responsible for shaping the design. General professional responsibilities can be grouped under the following headings;
- To learn about the design requirements of the building project by communicating with the customers,
- To offer appropriate architectural design proposals to customers, taking into account factors such as cost and building trends,
- To produce building plan and design using computer aided design programs or manual technical drawing tools,
- To use building elements made of sustainable materials for an environmentally compatible building design, to use design features that save energy, water and reduce waste generation,
- Checking the conformity of designs to building regulations,
- Working in collaboration with other professionals
How to Become an Architectural Designer
Those who want to become architectural designers should graduate from the Architecture Department of universities, which provides four-year education. Modeling and architectural design certificate programs of various education academies for using computer aided design programs are also available.
The professional characteristics of the architectural designer, who are expected to have the creativity to create aesthetic building designs in line with customer needs, are as follows;
- To have knowledge of the basic principles of architecture,
- Being able to actively use 3D modeling software programs such as AutoCAD,
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Complying with deadlines,
- Being prone to teamwork and management,
- Having self-discipline
- Demonstrate verbal communication skills that can explain the final design to clients.
Architectural Designer Salaries 2022
The lowest Architectural Designer salary received in 2022 is 5.800 TL, the average Architectural Designer salary is 8.500 TL, and the highest Architectural Designer salary is 18.200 TL.