A person who designs and creates visual content using computer software is called a graphic designer. With the spread of communication tools in which visuality is at the forefront, the working areas of graphic designers have increased considerably. Graphic designers can find employment opportunities in advertising agencies, graphic and web design firms, digital design agencies, printing houses, newspapers and magazines, and design or social media departments of institutions.
What Does a Graphic Designer Do, What Are Their Duties?
Graphic designers make use of moving or static visuals such as typography, animation and graphics while designing. In order for the prepared visual content to serve its purpose, graphic designers are expected to fulfill the following tasks;
- To be able to understand the expectations of the person/institution for which the design is made from the design,
- To recognize the requirements and features of the medium in which the design is used, to follow the innovations and trends in the field
- Commenting on the instructions received from the customer in terms of design and making suggestions to improve the instructions
- Generating creative and original designs and innovative ideas
- To deliver the ordered content and its versions arranged according to the requested revisions on time,
- To have a command of the software used in the design process and to follow the developments in this field.
How to Become a Graphic Designer?
- Illustration, typography, animation
- pattern, perspective, color, texture, light
- Publishing and printing
- Software used in design and typesetting programs
Graphic Designer Salaries 2022
The lowest Graphic Designer salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.300 TL, the average Graphic Designer salary was 6.200 TL, and the lowest Graphic Designer salary was 8.900 TL.