A news reporter is a professional who collects news for magazines, newspapers, television and news sites. He can either turn the information he collects into a news report himself, or deliver it to the editor to make the news. A news reporter is one of the most important employees of a media organ. In line with the publication policy of the institution, it conducts research for the requested news and, if necessary, provides interviews with authorized persons. He does the given job in the shortest possible time.
What Does a News Reporter Do, What Are Their Duties?
- To conduct detailed research on a news that he/she found or given by the institution,
- To contact people and organizations that the news is related to,
- Paying attention to the 5W1K rule while creating the news,
- Not to use information that does not confirm its accuracy in the news,
- If the accuracy of the information is very important, clearly stating that it is an 'claim',
- Respecting the reputation and rights of individuals and institutions while creating news,
- To prepare the news as soon as possible,
- Not to include expressions and expression styles that will create confusion in the prepared news,
- Supporting the news with relevant images,
- Paying attention to the technical rules of journalism such as the inverted pyramid.
How to Become a News Reporter?
- Mass communication
- Specialized journalism
- media ethics
- News writing techniques
- interview techniques
- New Media
- Contact History
News Reporter Salaries 2022
The lowest News Reporter salary in 2022 is 5.200 TL, the average News Reporter salary is 7.800 TL, and the highest News Reporter salary is 15.800 TL.