The agricultural technician is responsible for conducting laboratory tests and developing innovative methods to assist scientists and farmers.
What Does Agricultural Technician Do, What Are Their Duties?
The responsibilities of the agricultural technician vary according to the field of activity of the institution he serves. The general job description of professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- Detecting pests or weeds, choosing chemical application methods,
- Researching insect and plant diseases,
- Examining animals and plant specimens to determine the presence of diseases or other problems.
- Taking samples from plants or animals for research,
- calibrating test equipment,
- Testing using laboratory equipment such as spectrometers, air samplers, centrifuges and PH meters
- Reporting research results,
- Providing food and water to laboratory animals and recording details of food consumption.
- Carrying out general nursery duties such as reproduction of plant species, collection of seeds, germination and control of environmental conditions,
- Carrying out product production activities such as breeding, hoeing, pruning, weeding and harvesting,
- To maintain and repair agricultural facilities and vehicles in order to ensure safety and cleanliness,
- Providing routine animal care, such as taking body measurements and assisting in the birth process,
- Using tools such as tractors, plows, combines, mowers,
- Answering questions and requests from the public that do not require scientific knowledge or expertise,
- Continuing professional development.
How to Become an Agricultural Technician?
In order to become an agricultural technician, it is necessary to graduate from the agricultural programs of vocational high schools that provide four-year education.
- Detail oriented work
- Having knowledge of using laboratory equipment,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- To be able to report,
- To adapt to teamwork,
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- To be able to perform work and time management,
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Agricultural Technician Salaries 2022
The lowest Agricultural Technician salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.800 TL, the average Agricultural Technician salary was 6.500 TL, and the highest Agricultural Technician salary was 7.200 TL.