milling machine; It is a machine that produces manufacturing parts by processing materials consisting of metal, aluminum, steel or plastic. The milling operator is the professional title given to the people responsible for operating, managing and maintaining the milling machine.
What Does a Milling Operator Do, What Are Their Duties?
The milling operator's primary responsibility is to use industrial devices that produce manufacturing parts. Other duties of professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- Examining technical drawings or work instructions to determine the characteristics of the operation to be performed,
- To perform the milling operation,
- Preparing the finished product for shipment,
- disassembling the machine parts,
- Checking parts using measuring tools such as microscopes, calipers and micrometers to make sure they meet specifications.
- To calibrate the machine,
- Positioning the materials to be processed on the machine bench using hand tools and lifting devices and fixing them on the bench,
- Positioning cutting tools and work materials relative to each other,
- Selecting cutting speed, feed rate and depth of cut according to metal properties,
- Repairing wear and malfunctions in machine parts,
- Performing stock control and ensuring material supply,
- To perform work in accordance with health and safety standards within the workplace.
How to Become a Milling Operator?
In order to become a milling operator, it is necessary to graduate from the Machinery Technology departments, which provide four years of education. In order to practice the profession, there is a requirement to obtain a Professional Competence Certificate.
People who want to be a Milling Operator must have certain qualifications;
- Having hand-eye coordination,
- To be able to read technical drawing,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- To demonstrate the physical ability to work and lift a load by standing in a fixed position for a long time,
- To adapt to teamwork,
- Ability to work in shifts
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Milling Operator Salaries 2022
The lowest Milling Operator salary in 2022 was determined as 5.700 TL, the average Milling Operator salary was 6.800 TL, and the highest Milling Operator salary was 8.000 TL.