URAYSİM debate continues in Eskişehir. About the subject AHPADI Term Sözcüs Av. A statement came from Mehmet Ektaş. Ektaş stated that the implementation of the project as it is is not in the public interest.
Ektaş's statement is as follows: “The pandemic, the results of the war we see in the Ukraine – Russia example, the increasing population, the extended life expectancy, the shrinking amount of arable land due to construction, the infertile lands that are tired of continuous cultivation, climate change, wild irrigation, salinization.
With each passing day, agriculture and food security is the priority of the world. Discussed on these sensitivities, the planned 50 km. to be built on Alpu agricultural lands. long railway line, rail systems specialized organized industrial zone, joy coal mine, coal thermal power plant.
There are systematic criticisms of those who oppose the construction of projects on fertile lands, especially our Metropolitan Mayor Yılmaz Büyükerşen, on the one hand, and one or two NGO leaders, on the one hand, of the AK Party. The main sentence of the critics is “they are preventing the service, they are hindering the development of Eskişehir”.
So is it really?
Are the justifications I put forward in my press statements during the IYI Party Provincial Presidency, the arguments and predictions are abstract, and the concerns unfounded?
The answer has been revealed
Until the decision is made with the cancellation of the expropriation decision made on the land where the URAYSİM test roads will pass. until In the lawsuit filed by the Eskişehir Metropolitan Municipality with the request for a stay of execution, the report prepared by the 1 experts in their fields determined by the Eskişehir 7st Administrative Court came to the file.
The highlights of the report are:
- For the area determined for the construction of the test tracks of the "Rail Systems Research Center" project, no changes were made in the Eskişehir Environmental Plan with a scale of 1/100.000 and the Master Plan of 1/5000.
- A part of the land where the test roads will pass is the region that is in the status of a large plain. First of all, an application was made for non-agricultural use permits within the scope of the Soil Conservation and Land Use Law No. 5403 for these areas, but the expropriation of the land was started before it was finalized, that is, without obtaining a non-agricultural use permit.
- It is clear that the integrity of the most fertile agricultural lands of the region will be disrupted, since the proposed project and the changes that will arise due to the project remain within the Alpu Plain, which is determined as the Great Plain Conservation Area.
- As a matter of fact, similarly, in the decision of the Board of Administrative Lawsuits of the Turkish Council of State, with the decision no. 2019/2335 and the decision numbered 2019/5528, with the decision of the Privatization Board dated 22.09.2017 and numbered 2017/89, Elektrik Üretim A.Ş. (EÜAŞ) in the case of annulment of the tender announcement regarding the privatization of the immovables (coal reserve area and the areas where the power plant and other assets based on this reserve) will be built, the Supreme Court stated that “…. As a result, there is no hesitation that the agricultural integrity of the most fertile agricultural lands of the region will deteriorate, since the area included in the privatization scope and program for the purpose of establishing a thermal power plant remains within the Alpu Plain, which is determined as the Great Plain Conservation Area, and it has been concluded that this decision is not in accordance with the law.
- Of the conflicting public interests; The Public Benefit of the Area to be Protected Agricultural Characteristics exceeds the public benefit provided by the test roads.
- Productive agricultural areas are the most important resources of a country. Despite the concrete threats to be caused by the loss of fertile land, the vital and strategic gains to be made from the protection of the country's resources constitute the opinion that the preservation of the area includes a superior public interest.
- No opinion was received from the relevant institutions on whether the project is within the flood protection zone, no calculations were made on the effects of the active fault line, and no opinion was received from AFAD.
- The road construction area is located on the "Great Caravan Road" cultural route. Preferring the barren lands extending to the north of Alpu Plain as the project implementation and expropriation area; It will be in the public interest in terms of preserving the integrity of cultural assets and transferring them to future generations and the binding of archeology science.
As a result, the implementation of the project as it is is not in the public interest.
As can be seen, these findings show that all the criticisms brought to the test roads in the process are justified.
Critics also love Eskişehir and its residents as much as the AK Party members, and as much as one or two NGOs, which are the ruthless defenders of the project, and think about the future of Eskişehir as much as they do. The feature that distinguishes the critics from them is that they have foresight and can see the damage that the project can cause to Eskişehir and our country in this state.
It is seen that; Those who are trying to face the project;
- Unlawfulness against the rule of law,
- personal benefit versus public interest,
- Rent against social benefit,
- Iron, concrete against agriculture and food,
- environmental pollution,
- disease against health,
- property against the soul,
- It defends the present against the future.
The referee, as always, is the Nation.
The judiciary will make the legal evaluation and decision, and the nation will make the conscientious decision.