The second lieutenant, also known as a reserve officer, can be defined as the lowest officer rank. Serves as a team or division commander in the military units of the Land, Air and Naval Forces and the Gendarmerie General Command. A second lieutenant in the Turkish Armed Forces; works as a platoon commander, battery or menstruation officer. In the current military system of our country, the second lieutenants, who are assigned to benefit the army in line with their academic or technical knowledge, are between the lieutenant and the senior sergeant.
What Does a Reserve Officer Do, What are their duties?
As with all rank soldiers, a second lieutenant can work in all military units needed. The general duties of the non-lieutenant, who can serve as a platoon commander, battery officer, fire support team officer or training officer in units within the command, in addition to being a division chief, include the following:
- Keep watch,
- To make correspondence given in administrative sense,
- Training new recruits to the training units,
- To fulfill the duties given by the commander in line with their training and abilities,
- As the team commander, to go into operations with the team given to his orders.
Reserve officer How to be?
If you have not done your military service and have graduated from 4-year faculties or colleges, you can become a second lieutenant. If you pass the exam in line with the demands of the Turkish Armed Forces during the application period and succeed, you can serve as a second lieutenant.
Graduating from the departments required by the Turkish Armed Forces during the period you apply for military service allows you to be appointed as a second lieutenant. It is statistically easier for graduates from some departments of universities to become second lieutenants. For example, graduates of the Faculty of Medicine are directly appointed as second lieutenants. Likewise, graduates of the Faculty of Law and Faculty of Education are more likely to become second lieutenants.
Persons wishing to become Reserve Officers must possess certain qualifications;
- He should be an individual loyal to his republic, nation and state.
- Must show persistence and strength, must be courageous.
- He should not spare his life and should have good morals.
- Must have analytical thinking skills.
- He should be able to get on well with his superiors and subordinates.
- He must get on well with the soldiers of other nations.
Reserve Officer Salaries 2022
Reserve Officer salaries vary according to their regions. Generally, the salaries of Reserve Officers vary between 6.800 TL and 12.000 TL.