Vocational education, which is one of the most important tools of our country's socio-economic development model, is getting stronger day by day with the opening of 255 vocational education center liaison offices in 255 industrial zones.
Within the scope of the "Vocational and Technical Education Cooperation Protocol" signed between the Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Industry and Technology, 77 organized industrial zones in 251 provinces and 4 industrial sites in 4 provinces in order to ensure closer coordination between education and industry by positioning vocational training centers within organized industrial zones. 255 vocational education center liaison offices were opened in a total of 255 industrial zones, paired with at least one vocational and technical Anatolian high school or vocational training center.
With this, it is aimed to provide a more dynamic education curriculum, more dynamic education materials and a more dynamic human resource that learns by working personally.
vocational training centers
Vocational education centers are vocational education schools at the secondary education level. With the Law No. 9 published in the Official Gazette dated 2016 December 6764, apprenticeship education was included in the scope of compulsory education and was structured as a vocational and technical secondary education institution in vocational education centers among schools operating under the General Directorate of Vocational and Technical Education of the Ministry of National Education. The education period is 4 years.
According to article 1739 of the National Education Basic Law No. 26: Secondary education; It covers all general, vocational and technical education institutions and vocational education centers that provide four-year compulsory formal or non-formal education based on primary education. Those who graduate from these schools and institutions are awarded a diploma according to the characteristics of the program they have completed. However, vocational education center students must complete the difference courses determined by the Ministry of National Education in order to receive a diploma.
Who can apply to central training centers?
Vocational education center students receive theoretical training at school 1 or 2 days a week, and practical training in enterprises for 3 or 4 days. Accordingly, the conditions for registration in vocational training centers are:
- To have completed at least secondary school or imam hatip secondary school.
- To be conducive to the education of the relevant profession in health status. This situation is documented with a health/health board report when necessary.
- Signing a contract with a workplace related to the profession to be registered (There must be a master with a "Master Teaching Certificate" in the workplace where the contract will be signed).
- There is no age limit for registration.
- Student registrations continue throughout the year.
How can I apply to vocational training centers?
- Provided that they meet the application requirements, anyone who currently works in a business or who does not work in a business but wants to receive vocational training can apply in person to the nearest vocational training center or vocational and technical Anatolian high school with their credentials.
- Those who do not work in any Business; they can get guidance and guidance in choosing a profession and finding a business by vocational training centers.
- Registration at the vocational training center; It starts with the signing of the vocational training contract in enterprises between the school, the enterprise and the parent/student.
- The student is registered in the e-MESEM system by the school.
- The insurance and salary of the student against work accidents and occupational diseases starts from the moment of registration and lasts for 4 years.
Application process and stages to vocational training centers
- Vocational training centers are located in all provinces.
- Anyone with at least a secondary school diploma can enroll throughout the year.
- It is possible to apply for the desired education in 181 different branches.
- Training is given 1 day a week at school and 4 days at enterprises.
- 9,10th, 11th and 30th grades receive at least 12% of the minimum wage, XNUMXth grades at least half as much.
- Apprenticeship training lasts for 3 years. In this process, at least 30% of the minimum wage is paid.
- Journeyman training lasts for 1 year. In this process, at least 50% of the minimum wage is paid.
- Those who pass the mastery exam can open their own business by obtaining a mastership certificate and diploma.
- Masters will have a 'Master Trainer' certificate with the business pedagogy they will receive.
Transfer procedures to the vocational training center
- Students who are in intermediate classes with 9th grade students and want to transfer or transfer to a vocational education center program from the same field will be able to transfer and transfer from their class level regardless of time and without losing a semester,
- 10th, 11th and 12th grade students who want to transfer and transfer from a different field or other school types will be able to continue their education at the 10th grade level if they have transferred and transferred until the beginning of the second semester. After the start of the second semester, students who want to transfer and transfer will be registered only to receive vocational training in the enterprise in order to prepare for vocational education, and these students will be included in the total number of students of the relevant school.
- Transfer and transfer procedures of these students will be made through the e-School system, Secondary Education Institution Transactions / Information Entry Operations / MESEM Student Candidate Registration page.
- For applications and vocational training center contact number/address:
- The internet address meslegimhayatim.meb.gov.tr/egitim/mesleki-egitim can be visited.
What advantages do vocational training centers offer?
- Vocational training in 181 different fields
- Opportunity to complete compulsory high school education at vocational training centers for those who have completed secondary school.
- Vocational high school diploma
- 88% employment rate in education fields
- Salary and insurance against occupational accidents and occupational diseases starting from the 9th grade
- Salary of at least 9% of the minimum wage for 10th, 11th and 30th grade students.
- A salary opportunity of at least half of the minimum wage for 12th grade journeymen.
- Certificate of mastery and the opportunity to open your own business.
High employment rate
OIZs have an important potential to develop students' practical skills in vocational education. Various opportunities are offered to students for vocational and technical education students to come together with many institutions where they can do internship and on-the-job training, and for these students to develop their practical skills.
Students receive intensive on-the-job training in vocational training centers where the employment rate of graduates is quite high (88%). It is predicted that the expansion of vocational training centers in OIZs will enrich the employment opportunities of graduates and increase the rate of graduates employed in the enterprises where they receive on-the-job training by 75%. Thus, it is aimed to meet the need for masters and journeymen of the private sector and the graduates of vocational training centers who are trained in OIZs with applied education.