Dr.Fevzi Özgönül gave information about what to avoid while having breakfast. Dr. Özgönül stated that although honey is natural, healthy and beneficial, since it contains sugar, it makes the digestive system lazy and should not be consumed for breakfast.
Breakfast should have a variety that will meet our daily energy needs at the beginning of the day and contain the building materials necessary for the restructuring of the body and strengthening of the connective tissue at the end of the day. For this reason, breakfast is an important meal that should not be overlooked.
Do not consume foods containing oats and bran for breakfast. This is a huge mistake made with the logic of feeling full for a long time. Our purpose for having breakfast is to supply the building materials that our body needs in the evening. kazanand start the day with energy. Therefore, let's pay attention to nutrition for breakfast. It is important not to feel full for a long time, but to take enough nutritious foods.
Our digestive system generally works with a tendency to laziness. If you keep a lot of foods that are easy to digest in foods. The digestive system is less interested in foods that have high nutritional value but take a long time to digest. For this reason, we need to stay away from foods containing sugar, made from flour, which we accept from processed foods and describe as water-soluble. Let's not choose such foods for breakfast until your digestive system gets stronger.
Dr.Fevzi Özgönül continued his words as follows;
As for the foods that we will not prefer for breakfast;
- More than 1 slice of bread
- Including jam, even diet jam ( diet jam is deceiving the body. It's revenge with a sweet crunch)
- Honey (although honey is natural and healthy, it makes the digestive system lazy because it contains sugar)
- All kinds of floury foods (if 1 slice of bread is not to be eaten, that amount of pastry or bagel can be substituted, but other floury foods are prohibited)
- Breakfast cereals consumed with milk in the morning (It is one of the foods that make the digestive system lazy. It is digested very easily and is quick energy. Just as the wood does not burn immediately when you run it with sawdust, it does not warm you immediately, so breakfast cereals save the day, but they make you hungry quickly, you cannot shrink as soon as the valuable foods you eat are digested.)
- Bran and oat mixtures (It is one of the foods that sounds good because it accelerates the passage in the digestive system and makes you feel full for a long time by absorbing water, but it is one of the foods that harms you by preventing you from structuring at night. You can eat 1 teaspoon in the morning when you complain of constipation, but definitely do not try to increase this amount, otherwise you will not be fed enough.)
- Also, stay away from foods with lots of ingredients such as toast or pastry. Because even if you put a lot of ingredients, the amount of bread will be more than the ingredients because you eat toast and the digestive system will choose laziness.