Making a statement after the Coronavirus Scientific Committee meeting, Health Minister Koca summarized the precautionary decisions taken by the committee in 6 articles. Fahrettin Koca also said, “It should not be forgotten that showing sensitivity in the application of reminder dose vaccines is an important precaution against the Omicron variant.”
Health Minister Fahrettin Koca made a statement on his social media account after the Coronavirus Scientific Committee Meeting held today. Sharing the new 6-item measures, Minister Koca said, “It should not be forgotten that showing sensitivity in the application of reminder dose vaccines is an important precaution against the Omicron variant.”
In the statement, which stated that half of the daily number of cases still originates from Istanbul, it was said: "Our Scientific Committee met today with the course of the epidemic, the measures to be taken and our vaccination program. Our Scientific Committee evaluated the increase in the number of cases due to the Omicron variant. The age distribution of the cases and the course of the cases on the basis of provinces were examined.
There is a Great Epidemic in Istanbul
Half of the daily case numbers still originate from Istanbul. In our country, 13% of the cases seen in the last week are in the 12-19 age range, 34% are in the 20-34 age range, 29% are in the 35-49 age range, 16% are in the 50-64 age range, and 8% are He is over 65 years old. 1.45% of active cases were hospitalized, 3 per thousand were admitted to intensive care, and 1 per ten thousand were intubated. However, 65% of active cases over the age of 10.11 were hospitalized, 3.11% were admitted to the intensive care unit and 0.99% were intubated.
Since the beginning of the epidemic, our highest risk group is still our elders over the age of 65. Our scientific committee strongly recommends maintaining the vaccination program effectively and taking encouraging measures. Considering the point reached by the global epidemic and the spread of the disease, the importance of using masks, paying attention to social distance and hygiene rules has increased.
It is recommended that the accessibility of PCR tests, which is the gold standard for diagnosing the disease, should continue in a sustainable manner. Taking into account the opinions of our Scientific Committee, the following measures and principles were taken by our Ministry.
NEW MEASURES WITH 6 ARTICLES HAVE ARRIVED
- The implementation of the decision not to quarantine our vaccinated citizens will continue.
- It has also been confirmed by current data that the effect of the Omicron variant on hospitalizations is significantly less when compared to the previous variants. However, if the increase in the number of cases is very high, it may force the health capacity, which is not unlimited, even if the rate is low. Considering this possibility, maximum sensitivity should be shown in the implementation of the measures. Every responsible citizen must do their part by following the measures.
- It was decided to conduct pilot studies and planned surveys to measure the effects of the measures taken and the restrictions lifted. Accordingly, it has been decided to take special measures if there are risks in the transmission areas of the disease.
- It should not be forgotten that showing sensitivity in the administration of reminder dose vaccines is an important precaution against the omicron variant.
- When the cases are evaluated considering the age groups of those hospitalized, it shows that our elders over 65 are at risk. Maximum sensitivity should be shown to protect our elders over the age of 65. It is extremely important to apply the reminder dose to our citizens over the age of 65.
- Considering the high rate of spread of the Omicron variant, the use of masks should be insisted on. Mask is the most practical and effective protection method.