Turkish Aerospace Industries (TUSAŞ) General Manager Prof. Dr. Temel Kotil shared a new year greeting message for company employees
In his congratulatory message, Temel Kotil also evaluated the performance of TUSAŞ for 2022 as well as 2021 targets. In this context, Kotil also gave information about the ongoing heavy class attack helicopter project ATAK II. Kotil announced that the 11-ton ATAK II attack helicopter will start its engine and rotate its propellers in 2022. Kotil had previously announced that the engines of the Heavy Class Attack Helicopter ATAK-II would come from Ukraine and that a contract was signed in this context.
In the previous process, Temel Kotil had announced that the T929, or ATAK-II, was in the 11-ton class and could carry 1.500 kg of ammunition. He stated that his engine would come from Ukraine because there was no domestic and national engine alternative. Kotil also stated that it will be equipped with 2500 hp engines and will make its flight in 2023.
The helicopter, which will be developed with the Heavy Class Attack Helicopter Project Contract signed between the SSB and TAI, will have approximately twice the take-off weight of our current ATAK helicopter and will be among the top class attack helicopters, of which there are only two examples in the world.
The Heavy Class Attack Helicopter Project was launched to meet the needs of the Turkish Armed Forces in this field. With the project, an effective and deterrent attack helicopter, which can carry a high amount of useful load, resistant to challenging environmental factors, equipped with advanced technology target tracking and imaging systems, electronic warfare systems, navigation systems, communication systems and weapon systems, has high maneuverability and performance, is designed and produced. is planned.
The project also aims to maximize the use of domestic systems, ensure security of supply and freedom of export. It is thought that the Heavy Class Attack Helicopter Project will play an important role in reducing foreign dependency, realizing domestic, national and innovative solutions with the knowledge gained in our current domestic projects and increasing the effectiveness of our Turkish Armed Forces.
With the project;
- The heavy class attack helicopter of the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK)
- Able to carry a high amount of payload (ammunition)
- Having advanced technology target tracking and imaging systems, electronic warfare systems, navigation systems, communication systems and weapon systems
- Produced with domestic facilities, unaffected by supply and export constraints
It is aimed to develop a new attack helicopter platform.
Heavy Class Attack Helicopter Project Layout:
- Project Main Contractor: TUSAŞ Türk Havacılık ve Uzay San. A.S.
- First Flight: T0 + 60. moon
- Project Duration: T0 + 102 months
- Contract Outputs: Minimum 3 Prototype Helicopter Production and Technical Data Package
- Development of 2 types of helicopters, sea and land version
- A flexible approach setup at the upper limits of the technical specifications and determining the subsystem